Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center Jack point

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018 | 07:17 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Default Center Jack point

I am surprised that there is no published center jack point to lift the car from the front or rear. Would be so easy to do. Being race car and all
any one know of any?

I am aware of the side jack points.

I have a low profile jack and lot of low profile ramps (race tamps) and 12” cribs etc. left over from my tracking days.
i have some very nice stands too but a bit high. I used to be able to use a single point in the front to lift the car up quickly.

i can alway use the ramps and then use the rear jack to put cribs and stands, just would take longer.
Old 09-25-2018 | 11:00 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
I am surprised that there is no published center jack point to lift the car from the front or rear. Would be so easy to do. Being race car and all
any one know of any?

I am aware of the side jack points.

I have a low profile jack and lot of low profile ramps (race tamps) and 12” cribs etc. left over from my tracking days.
i have some very nice stands too but a bit high. I used to be able to use a single point in the front to lift the car up quickly.

i can alway use the ramps and then use the rear jack to put cribs and stands, just would take longer.
Well, there is no "official" center jack-point on the 991. But "unofficially" there is a point in the rear that is suitable for lifting at the center. I use it all the time to get my GTS up on stands without a single issue.... Just had it up this way last week. No need to spend $$ on "jackstand" jack stands! LOL
(However I would not recommend lifting at this center point with a single jack and leaving it that way for any extended period -- I use this point to lift only long enough to get my stands in place)

Dead center of the rear cross member is rock-solid for a jack -- you get the rear up high enough to place the rear stands at the factory/designed jack pad points.

Here is my GTS up on 4 stands -- really no problem at all and have lifted dozens of times this way.

I have a blog post about jacking-up the 991. Check it out here: Plenums Blog

Hope this helps! Good Luck!
The following users liked this post:
ExhibitionofSpd (06-17-2023)
Old 09-25-2018 | 11:09 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Thanks, will check out the blog
Old 09-26-2018 | 12:07 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

+1 center cross frame