Sponsored by:

For Hurricane: This or That

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 03:29 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts
Default For Hurricane: This or That

Here is what I am considering for my builds. The second build is what I want, but the first one will work, too. If anybody has a few thousand laying around hit me up, lol. Anyway, I'll see how I am feeling about it at time of order. I've also been thinking about doing a "S" as I am in that range... but keep pulling myself back from it because I drive a manual and will never be able to use that power. I have to keep reminding myself that I am not Niki Lauda.

This:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PK1MWNQ2

Or that:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKQ3ZLL0

Last edited by Dan Nagy; 09-24-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:43 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Here is what I am considering for my builds. The second build is what I want, but the first one will work, too. If anybody has a few thousand laying around hit me up, lol. Anyway, I'll see how I am feeling about it at time of order. I've also been thinking about doing a "S" as I am in that range... but keep pulling myself back from it because I drive a manual and will never be able to use that power. I have to keep reminding myself that I am not Niki Lauda.

This:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PK1MWNQ2

Or that:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKQ3ZLL0
Really like the first build. Not sure about the non-leather seats. I think I would want leather seats (or Sport-Tex) over the leather vents, IMHO.

LOVE the second build. I had power folding mirrors on my first 991 - never used them. Bose vs. Burmester is a tough decision. If you really like music, I think it is worth the upgrade, although it is still crazy expensive.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:05 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Really like the first build. Not sure about the non-leather seats. I think I would want leather seats (or Sport-Tex) over the leather vents, IMHO.

LOVE the second build. I had power folding mirrors on my first 991 - never used them. Bose vs. Burmester is a tough decision. If you really like music, I think it is worth the upgrade, although it is still crazy expensive.
Thanks buddy. I have the standard seats in my current car and they are okay. I think the Sport-tex will be very comfortable, The 18-ways in leather pinch my butt (and not in a good way), but the sport-tex seem to fit perfectly.

The leather vents are a nit. I may just take the vents out and paint them black at some point. I am going for an all-black interior thing in the first one. Truth be told, I prefer the second build but have to get used to the idea of paying out more per month for a car that I hardly use. The Burmester may not make it into the final build as I can move the Musicar tweeters over.

I love/hate the configurator. It's 11 PM (in CH) and still on it.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:43 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 552 Likes on 334 Posts

Apologize for horning in. Deleted.

Last edited by BSO; 09-25-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:32 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BSO
I've got a '19 C4S on order (initially wanted a C4 but they won't build those now) and I agonized over equipment.

Initially wanted to leave the stereo base but decided Bose, I listened to one, it sounded good enough to my untrained ears, that pushed the price up. I wasn't going to do Burmester or go aftermarket.

You are ordering many of the options I specified. It's a shame that the Sport Package isn't available for your model, you have to go to the S, it combines many of your options plus others, only $1420 more than the Sport Chrono and PSE combined.

Would configure an S with the Sport Package and see how it goes.

I get your race driver reference, that is one reason my one unchanging criteria was a C4. I've seen video demos of 2WD and AWD in inclement weather and the drivers praised the stabilty of the AWD, quite visible as well.

Good luck.
Yes, I have configured an “S” and I can do it, but the base engine is the sweet spot for me. I sweat the configuratir is a demon for me. It’s so easy to pile on stuff you dont need.

One love/hate option is keyless entry. The car locks/unlocks constantly when you wash it if you dont take the key out of your pocket, and I always hit the lock button anyway “just to make sure” it’s locked. Sometines I have to touch the door handle or trunk area multiple times to open it. It works much better on our BMW.

I added the lane change assist. I’m not sure about that one, and also the Burmester. I tend to listen to the engine and exhaust notes or talk radio and sports. If I had a decent system maybe that would change. Bose with Musicar Tweeters is better, but still not great. I am a bit spoiled when it comes to good sound and just not sure it can be had in this car at any price.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:04 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

I opted not to get lane assist. Visibility is great (especially if your mirrors are adjusted right) and I have it on my wife’s car and don’t really find it of use. YMMV of course.

I do have adaptive cruise control and use it all the time on the highway or moderate traffic. In our area it is a nice option to have.

And I agree that the base has plenty of power.

So many different options! This is why I went crazy over board on mine - curse you, Porsche!

Is it possible to get the 14 ways with sport tex?
Old 09-25-2018, 07:33 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hurricane
I opted not to get lane assist. Visibility is great (especially if your mirrors are adjusted right) and I have it on my wife’s car and don’t really find it of use. YMMV of course.

I do have adaptive cruise control and use it all the time on the highway or moderate traffic. In our area it is a nice option to have.

And I agree that the base has plenty of power.

So many different options! This is why I went crazy over board on mine - curse you, Porsche!

Is it possible to get the 14 ways with sport tex?
Sport Tex is available only with the 18 way seats, and that’s okay with me. You inow I lived in Switzerland for five years and had thise seats here. I really do prefer it over leather for comfort, so that’s a lock on the build.

The driving assist will probably go away. I had it in a rental and found it annoying, but thought I might give it a go.

The only other pending is the Burmester.

On a train now down to Lake Como for a conference at the Villa Erba in Cernobbio. It’s a fantastic venue.

Trending Topics

Old 09-25-2018, 09:21 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy

Sport Tex is available only with the 18 way seats, and that’s okay with me. You inow I lived in Switzerland for five years and had thise seats here. I really do prefer it over leather for comfort, so that’s a lock on the build.

The driving assist will probably go away. I had it in a rental and found it annoying, but thought I might give it a go.

The only other pending is the Burmester.

On a train now down to Lake Como for a conference at the Villa Erba in Cernobbio. It’s a fantastic venue.
Sounds like such a fun trip! I spent 6 years in Europe (3 in Germany, 3 in Belgium) and absolutely loved it.

Can't wait to see your car in person when you get it. Sounds like it might be one of the last pre-Cylon 991.2's!
Old 09-25-2018, 03:41 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Hey Dan,

I know you asked Hurricane, but ........ Sport Mirrors. I’m shocked by how big a difference they make, and the fact that I even have an opinion about them. They fold (manually) and make a disproportionate difference to the cars appearance. I’ve had both, and wouldn’t order a car without the Sport Mirrors.

I’d also add the Burmester; but only if you’ve listened to it in a 911 with a good source (CD, or 320kbps minimum if you can’t access a CD) and liked it. Love Version 2 with the Black and Silver interior

Great build ! . Going to be awesome.

Last edited by Benedict14; 09-25-2018 at 03:57 PM. Reason: removed PDLS plus comment. I was thinking of the Panny
Old 09-25-2018, 03:51 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by BSO
Apologize for horning in. Deleted.
I missed your original comment - I am sure that Dan appreciates all the input he can get from Rennlisters! I learned a ton from other posters over the years...

Originally Posted by Benedict14
Hey Dan,

I know you asked Hurricane, but ........ Sport Mirrors. I’m shocked by how big a difference they make, and the fact that I even have an opinion about them. They fold (manually) and make a disproportionate difference to the cars appearance. I’ve had both, and wouldn’t order a car without the Sport Mirrors.

PDLS (plus). Most of the cool functions are disabled here in the U.S. I’d just go with PDLS if it saves a few bucks. If the features weren’t disabled in the U.S. I’d be all over them. I’d also add the Burmester; but only if you’ve listened to it in a 911 with a good source (CD, or 320kbps minimum if you can’t access a CD) and liked it.

Great build ! Love Version 2 with the Black and Silver interior. Going to be awesome.
Sport mirrors and PDLS are awesome. I love the LEDs, too, but for my personal build, I felt I had to draw the line somewhere LOL!

Last edited by Hurricane; 09-25-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:02 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Yup. Agreed.

I was incorrect regarding the PDLS Plus on the 911. It’s the Panamera etc. that has a number of cool features disabled. ie. independent groups of LED lights illuminating and moving for separate functions.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:05 PM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,202 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by Benedict14
Hey Dan,

+1 on the sport mirrors, huge difference in appearance.

Old 09-25-2018, 04:16 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

^especially in CF!!
Old 09-25-2018, 05:27 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by 911boy
^especially in CF!!
In CF, they look gorgeous!
Old 09-25-2018, 07:10 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

A Hurricane approved build has simple requirements. Just check every box.

Quick Reply: For Hurricane: This or That