Sponsored by:

Vibration sets alarm off?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 02:07 AM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Vibration sets alarm off?

on a ferry ride tonight I was called down to the car deck to turn off the alarm. It was an older ferry and there was some moderate vibration. I didn’t think these systems had a vibration check but wondering if I double-click the lock/arming it will be defeated along with the interior motion sensors? Thanks, Doug
Old 09-14-2018, 10:33 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 401 Posts

Switching off interior surveillance and inclination sensor
If people or animals are remaining in the locked vehicle or the vehicle is being transported on, e.g. a train or ship, the interior surveillance system and inclination sensor must be switched off temporarily.
  • Inform any persons remaining in the vehicle that the alarm system will be triggered if the door is opened.
Using the vehicle key
  • Quickly press button on the vehicle key twice within 2 seconds.
    The emergency flasher flashes slowly once. The doors are locked, but can be opened from inside.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:42 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Maybe the motion of the ferry set off the inclination sensor? Also from the manual:

The alarm system monitors the following alarm contacts:
– Alarm contacts in doors, luggage compartment lid, engine compartment lid and headlights.
– Interior surveillance: Movement in the interior when the vehicle is locked, e.g. attempted theft after breaking a window.
– Inclination sensor country-specific equipment: inclination of the vehicle (e.g. when attempting to tow).
Old 09-14-2018, 12:01 PM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks guys ... I'll try the double press on lock next time and see if that sorts it out. Cheers,
Old 09-15-2018, 10:02 AM
MDJAK
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same thing happened on my 2019 T recently on The CAT high speed ferry between Portland, Maine and Nova Scotia. Actually didn't happen going, but did coming back.

My alarm also went off as I was driving out of a parking garage. I stopped on a slight incline ramp, put it in park, opened my door as I could not reach the card reader, and as I stood up to swipe the card, the alarm sounded. Man, is that sucker loud. And I hate car alarms thinking them to be a total waste and annoyance.

It then went off a few times while my wife was sitting in the car, engine off, car not locked, as I was using a self-service wash. Weird.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:05 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by MDJAK
Same thing happened on my 2019 T recently on The CAT high speed ferry between Portland, Maine and Nova Scotia. Actually didn't happen going, but did coming back.

My alarm also went off as I was driving out of a parking garage. I stopped on a slight incline ramp, put it in park, opened my door as I could not reach the card reader, and as I stood up to swipe the card, the alarm sounded. Man, is that sucker loud. And I hate car alarms thinking them to be a total waste and annoyance.

It then went off a few times while my wife was sitting in the car, engine off, car not locked, as I was using a self-service wash. Weird.
Not normal. Take for service.

Quick Reply: Vibration sets alarm off?