Sponsored by:

new 2017 Guards Red C4S conundrum

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 07:44 PM
fanderso3
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new 2017 Guards Red C4S conundrum

Hello All! I'm new to this forum. I was on the forum many years ago with my 2000 Boxster S, but a few weeks ago I traded that in for a 2017 Guards Red C4S. It's great to be back. Driving the C4S is fantastic. It's just plain exciting to drive. I can already tell I'm going to be blowing a lot of money on gas for this baby. I'll post pictures once I figure out how to include them.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to get opinions on how to handle a particular issue. Since new, the moonroof cloth when opening or closing makes grinding sounds and it's annoying. I expect there is an alignment issue, or something else that can get worse over time. So, I'd like to have it fixed. However, Porsche service told me they'll have to remove the ceiling material in order to remove the moon roof so that it can be fixed or replaced. I'm wondering whether I should have them do the work since I'm concerned about how everything will fit together after their done.

Any suggestions? Not sure whether I should risk having the fix done and live with it.

Thanks for all thoughts and suggestions!

fanderso3
Old 09-13-2018, 08:07 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 665 Likes on 353 Posts

I would get it fixed as soon as possible. The car is under warranty and the dealership must get it right for you regardless what it takes. Not fixing it could cause more damage.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:51 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 674 Likes on 359 Posts

^^ Agreed! ^^

On the outside chance something isn't right after they are done, they would have to go back and fix it. Don't let that stop you. It can only cost you more eventually, especially at resale time.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:49 AM
fanderso3
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugh. That's what I was afraid of...logical replies. That's the right answer. I'll just have to grit my teeth and reluctantly deliver the car back to the dealer for the fix. I'll be patient and hope for the best.

Thanks, guys!

Quick Reply: new 2017 Guards Red C4S conundrum