Sponsored by:

2019 911GTS order discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 01:26 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 319 Likes on 215 Posts
Default 2019 911GTS order discounts?

After years of dreaming, saving, and convincing my wife, I'm getting close to ordering a 911GTS. I haven't had a real sports car in decades mainly due to all my funds, literally, going to raising and schooling our children so I"m overdue for a nice toy for myself. I've been contemplating between the GTS and the Audi V10 but decided I like the fact that the GTS is less "flashy" and a bit more precise in the handling department. I personally like sleeper cars although a 911 is no sleeper but it is more so than the Audi, IMHO.
This will be my first Porsche and was wondering what kind of a discount I can get on an order. We are in Southern California but I'm willing to go out of state to get a deal. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Old 09-04-2018, 01:30 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got 3% at the end of July for a ‘19 GTS, dealer is in South Florida.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

What GTS model are you looking for?
Old 09-04-2018, 02:30 PM
HMBGTS
Track Day

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
After years of dreaming, saving, and convincing my wife, I'm getting close to ordering a 911GTS. I haven't had a real sports car in decades mainly due to all my funds, literally, going to raising and schooling our children so I"m overdue for a nice toy for myself. I've been contemplating between the GTS and the Audi V10 but decided I like the fact that the GTS is less "flashy" and a bit more precise in the handling department. I personally like sleeper cars although a 911 is no sleeper but it is more so than the Audi, IMHO.
This will be my first Porsche and was wondering what kind of a discount I can get on an order. We are in Southern California but I'm willing to go out of state to get a deal. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
I'm in Northern California and allocations for a 2019 GTS had been tight at my time of order earlier this year. I ended up going to Beachwood Porsche in OH to get mine. Highly recommend them. Sales guy to work with is Steven Youhana. I got a discount off list, I'm sure you can too, but how much may be different now, but around 3% is probably right. My local dealers were pretty much List price, and wait....
Old 09-04-2018, 05:24 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
What GTS model are you looking for?
I'm not sure if I'm saying it right but a rear wheel drive GTS coupe (not Targa or soft top). I went online and configured one, and the the price ranges from $140-$150K.
Originally Posted by HMBGTS
I'm in Northern California and allocations for a 2019 GTS had been tight at my time of order earlier this year. I ended up going to Beachwood Porsche in OH to get mine. Highly recommend them. Sales guy to work with is Steven Youhana. I got a discount off list, I'm sure you can too, but how much may be different now, but around 3% is probably right. My local dealers were pretty much List price, and wait....
Thank you. I love these forums!
Old 09-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

You are correct, you can get a GTS Coupe in rear wheel drive. If you generated the code at the end of the configurator be sure to send that to the Sales Associate (SA) so he or she knows exactly what you want.

And yes, you can find out everything you need to know here on the forums so be sure to search for what you are looking for, or just start reading the threads.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:38 PM
HMBGTS
Track Day

I'm not sure if I'm saying it right but a rear wheel drive GTS coupe (not Targa or soft top). I went online and configured one, and the the price ranges from $140-$150K.

Thank you. I love these forums!
Rear wheel drive manual GTS coupe is what I was after as well. Give Steven a call. My chalk 2019 GTS is at the dealership now getting prepped to come out to me, hopefully by the end of this week :-)
Old 09-04-2018, 06:00 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
You are correct, you can get a GTS Coupe in rear wheel drive. If you generated the code at the end of the configurator be sure to send that to the Sales Associate (SA) so he or she knows exactly what you want.

And yes, you can find out everything you need to know here on the forums so be sure to search for what you are looking for, or just start reading the threads.
Wilco!
Originally Posted by HMBGTS
Rear wheel drive manual GTS coupe is what I was after as well. Give Steven a call. My chalk 2019 GTS is at the dealership now getting prepped to come out to me, hopefully by the end of this week :-)
My cars when I was young were all 4 speed stick shifts. I loved throwing the gear where I want. Now that I'm older and drive in L.A. traffic sometimes, I won't do without an automatic.
Chalk is a great choice. I bet you are excited. That's so awesome!. Enjoy it in good health.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:07 PM
vipertom 1970
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am also in Socal(Corona) and just rewarded my self with a Targa 4GTS after my daughter got out of college and house is already paid for. I wanted a winged GT3 but decided that a Targa 4GTS is better for my age and I just got her home on Sunday. Shoot me a PM, I can hook up with the sale man from Riverside Porsche to see how much discount he can get you and you should be able to get discount on GTS but very hard for Targa GTS.

Last edited by vipertom 1970; 09-04-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:20 PM
Jhomas11
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. I work for a dealer on the east coast. I just did a search and saw that there are only 61 available 2019 C2 GTS 911s available in the US right now, all of which are a mix of builds and already frozen builds. We do not expect there to be a tremendous amount of these because there is a possible body change for the 2020 models which could be available as early as July. Most dealers want msrp for the GTS models because they are partly limited availability but if you find the right dealer that is in an area where they are not as much in demand you could probably find some sort of a discount. Its not completely out of the ordinary.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:08 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhomas11
We do not expect there to be a tremendous amount of these because there is a possible body change for the 2020 models which could be available as early as July.
Is it true that 991.2 will be the last Porsche which is based on Porsche body? I heard / read somewhere that new models will use on common body from VAG Group such as R8, 911s, etc. This is a new platform for the future sports car of VAG Group.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:54 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,045 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhomas11
Hey guys. I work for a dealer on the east coast. I just did a search and saw that there are only 61 available 2019 C2 GTS 911s available in the US right now, all of which are a mix of builds and already frozen builds. We do not expect there to be a tremendous amount of these because there is a possible body change for the 2020 models which could be available as early as July. Most dealers want msrp for the GTS models because they are partly limited availability but if you find the right dealer that is in an area where they are not as much in demand you could probably find some sort of a discount. Its not completely out of the ordinary.
Wow. You are all over this. Any spy pics or thoughts on what the new model will be called?

Old 09-05-2018, 08:15 AM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Wow. You are all over this. Any spy pics or thoughts on what the new model will be called?
Old 09-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Jhomas11
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
Is it true that 991.2 will be the last Porsche which is based on Porsche body? I heard / read somewhere that new models will use on common body from VAG Group such as R8, 911s, etc. This is a new platform for the future sports car of VAG Group.
I don't have any information on that unfortunately. Porsche is so weird with letting any information out about their cars.

Originally Posted by subshooter
There is already a post on it. "2019 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS"
Old 09-05-2018, 10:12 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

My SA still has a Targa GTS allocation and said he does not expect many more allocations as the 991.2 winds down; however, he still discounts all new Porsches for us on Rennlist.

Update: The Targa GTS allocation is long gone but he just got one 2019 GTS Coupe allocation so if someone is looking for one PM me for contact information, and he will discount it.

Last edited by Bob Z.; 09-27-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Quick Reply: 2019 911GTS order discounts?