Sponsored by:

981 S PCM doesn't retain telephone volume settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 12:53 PM
Chrisa72
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 981 S PCM doesn't retain telephone volume settings

2012 981S doesn't retain telephone settings. when Mic volume and call volume are set to max, the next time the car is re-started the settings have returned to mid range.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:28 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,200 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisa72
2012 981S doesn't retain telephone settings. when Mic volume and call volume are set to max, the next time the car is re-started the settings have returned to mid range.

did you SAVE the settings to your key? after you set the volume, hit save on the door panel and then hit the picture of the key, you will hear a beep and volume setting should save
Old 08-28-2018, 01:47 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,029 Posts

You must not be in the US. There were no 2012 981s here. Only in Europe IIRC.

I know the 991.1s have the same PCM but have you tried the 981 forum?
Old 08-28-2018, 03:27 PM
Chrisa72
Cruisin'

Hi "Porsche Nuts", many thanks for taking the trouble to reply to my question.

I suspect it has to be a "save" issue but I am unable to implement the instructions you suggest.

The only controls that I have on my door panel are the window lifter switches and the electric mirror adjuster buttons.

Am I missing a point here, are you referring to the door panel literally or metaphorically? For whilst I certainly have a key, which is in the shape of a Panamera, it has icons of an open padlock, a closed padlock, one for the bonnet (hood in your speak) and one for the rear boot (trunk)😀

I shall try playing with the key and see what results I get. In the mean time if you have any thoughts I would certainly like to hear them.

Kind regards

Chris

PS, since losing this rep[ly and then finding it again, I have inadvertently discovered the solution - increased the volume setting of the mic and speaker, then upon trying to press the lock button on the ignition key happened to withdraw it and hey presto - settings saved!!

Many thanks once again for your response.

Best regards

Chris
Old 08-28-2018, 03:44 PM
Chrisa72
Cruisin'

Hi "Subshooter",

No, not in the US, across the pond actually - Old Windsor, England to be precise.

Following "Porsche Nut's" reply, I discovered a solution quite by accident.

Altered the volume setting of the mic and voice and pressed the lock button on the ignition key and withdraw it (accidentally) and hey presto, setting saved!

I will however as a matter of interest have a look on the 981 forum even if it is to try and understand a bit more why you chaps over there insist on having your steering wheel on the wrong side of the car!����
Old 08-28-2018, 04:46 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,200 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisa72
Hi "Porsche Nuts", many thanks for taking the trouble to reply to my question.

I suspect it has to be a "save" issue but I am unable to implement the instructions you suggest.

The only controls that I have on my door panel are the window lifter switches and the electric mirror adjuster buttons.

Am I missing a point here, are you referring to the door panel literally or metaphorically? For whilst I certainly have a key, which is in the shape of a Panamera, it has icons of an open padlock, a closed padlock, one for the bonnet (hood in your speak) and one for the rear boot (trunk)😀

I shall try playing with the key and see what results I get. In the mean time if you have any thoughts I would certainly like to hear them.

Kind regards

Chris

PS, since losing this rep[ly and then finding it again, I have inadvertently discovered the solution - increased the volume setting of the mic and speaker, then upon trying to press the lock button on the ignition key happened to withdraw it and hey presto - settings saved!!

Many thanks once again for your response.

Best regards

Chris

Glad you got it figured out Chris. Here is a pic of what I was trying to describe, it is the buttons circled. It allows you to save 2 settings to that person's likings to include seat position, radio settings, etc.

Quick Reply: 981 S PCM doesn't retain telephone volume settings