Sponsored by:

Platinum interior

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 10:00 PM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Platinum interior

I know there are two tone black/plat and agate/plat interiors, but this particular car is all platinum. I'm not sure if it's for me so seeking others who have/had it and can share photos, opinions and experiences.

How is the windshield glare?
Ease of care?
Long term wear / durability?
Old 08-25-2018, 12:53 AM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

I have all standard platinum interior and love it. There is moderate windshield glare but not as bad as beige imo. Care is easy and durability is good. Leatherique every 6 months and mine looks like new. I changed the trim to brushed aluminum and added a function first shift **** in aluminum and it makes it more classy imo. Will see if I can find a pic to upload.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:36 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

I have the platinum full leather in my cabriolet. Very-very happy with it. My selection was done by more of a process of elimination:

1) My wife and daughters said I couldn't order the red & black leather (I wish I ignored them)
2) I did NOT want black leather in a cabriolet.....too hot
3) I already had sand beige in my prior Porsche, and wanted a color change

I think the platinum works well with the other interior colors; black trim, silver accents, silver belts, and a white exterior.

As for care, and long term wear, after 4.5 years and 60K miles, all is great. The key is good care products, good technique, good routine, common sense (jeans- dye transfer, belts- dye transfer, rivets- scratches......stuff like that) and a sun shade in the windshield to limit the sunlight on the leather. Seat ventilation also helps with all this.

Glare for me in not a issue. I most always have sunglasses on, sit tall in the seat, and your brain learns to look through it in the rare occasions it happens.

I use the nice Porsche black rubber floor mats to keep the light carpet clean, and break up the monotone colors.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:04 PM
Level3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I almost bought an all platinum interior car with Dark Metallic Blue exterior. I thought it looked awesome but my friend said he didn't care for the color. Personally though... I like it, it's unique.

Quick Reply: Platinum interior