Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A different perspective on driving my Carrera T...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 10:10 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Great post, and yes x10,0000. It isn't just focused and a lot of fun, it is a totally useable real car. Great for back-road strafing, short trips, and long hauls.

I increasingly wonder how many Porsche drivers over in the GT3 forums would derive more pleasure in a Carrera/S/T/GTS simply because they would use it more? I've spent a lot of time in both, and honestly am not sure I like one more than the other overall. One is truly fun and good at everything, the other is a visceral/emotional bonfire. Horses for courses, to be sure, but the T is a cherry on top of a very sweet range of 911s.
Sold my 997.2 GT3 because it was too focused for the track.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:18 PM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 168 Posts

You haven't lived until you go to a lumber yard in a 981 Cayman and proceed to load several 10 foot lengths of trim in the car and shut the hatch. The face on the guy at the lumber yard was priceless.

Every time I swore that there was no way something would fit. It fit just fine padded by a blanket with no damage. Latest was a 43" TV without a box that I needed to move on the spot. It fit right in the hatch.

I think the access of the hatch will be one of the biggest things I will miss about the Cayman platform.

Otherwise, I think the above two cases are the only time I ever use the trunk. Every other time I used the frunk only.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:22 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

Taking the 911 shopping with my wife is a mainstay activity. My wife loves to see the frunk stuffed with groceries. We did a $500 shop one day, and needed the back seat for the overlfow.
Finding an uncrowded area of the parking lot is the biggest challenge.
From a luggage standpoint, 2 roll on bags will fit in the frunk of a RWD carrera. With the backseats down, a suitcase or big duffel bag fits easily. It really is a practical, sports car.

Quick Reply: A different perspective on driving my Carrera T...