Sponsored by:

Post Modesta shine

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 01:00 AM
Luvwine
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post Modesta shine

Maybe not the best color to show it off, but despite getting rained on immediately after it went outside, I am pleased with how the car looks. Got Jean-Claude at Detailed Designs Auto Spa near Atlanta to detail the car exterior, do some coatings with Modesta products, and apply some PPF on the rocker panels and door edges. Got the car back on time and in fine fettle. The work was not cheap, but Jean-Claude is well known for doing fine and detailed work and hopefully it will hold up well--especially if I can get myself to maintain it properly. Anyway, I thought I would share a few pics.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:21 AM
good2go
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Looks awesome. I also really like the build (its super close to mine ). What did you do in the inside?

I added the PCCB and the PowerKit as well. In MN I added a roof rack for snowboard and mountain bike. Gets delivered first week of Nov.

I was planning on wrapping the entire car right when it arrives, Was debating if ceramic coating would look good over PPF, My last car just had full Xpel wrap, and was really easy to keep looking good.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:08 AM
Nin Din Din
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Beautiful.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:15 AM
Luvwine
Intermediate

Thanks for your kind words. For interior I only have had Jean-Claude do a Modesta treatment on the front seats. This coming week am getting Anti-Laser priority installed on the front of the car, Uniden R3 hardwired (hopefully with a Blendmount) and the windows tinted (35 or 50% with 70% on windshield I think) for UV protection. Was really tempted by the power kit when I saw it was on sale, but thought it was silly to buy that before having gotten the car yet and I think the price has gone back up again. From ou pic, did you do a satin wrap? Looks great.

Last edited by Luvwine; 08-11-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:36 AM
good2go
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Luvwine
Thanks for your kind words. I only have had Jean-Claude do a Modesta treatment on the front seats. This coming week am getting Anti-Laser priority installed on the front of the car, Uniden R3 hardwired (hopefully with a Blendmount) and the windows tinted (35 or 50% with 70% on windshield I think) for UV protection. Was really tempted by the power kit when I saw it was on sale, but thought it was silly to buy that before having gotten the car yet and I think the price has gone back up again. From ou pic, did you do a satin wrap? Looks great.
i don’t get my car until Nov 2. The image is just from the configuration.

I really like your pictures because it’s a real car that looks incredible. Absolutely beautiful looking car.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Did you snag any pictures of us drying the car off before it left?
Old 08-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Luvwine
Intermediate

Originally Posted by good2go

i don’t get my car until Nov 2. The image is just from the configuration.

I really like your pictures because it’s a real car that looks incredible. Absolutely beautiful looking car.
Jean-Claude did the Modesta over the already present PPF along with the film he added and, of course, over the parts of the car that are bare paint. I assume that ceramic would work in a similar fashion. And yes, Jean-Claude was kind enough to have his folks dry the car after the rain came. I guess if I had to criticize Jean-Claude, I would say he is less than perfect in weather forecasting! 😜😜
Old 08-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Luvwine

Jean-Claude did the Modesta over the already present PPF along with the film he added and, of course, over the parts of the car that are bare paint. I assume that ceramic would work in a similar fashion. And yes, Jean-Claude was kind enough to have his folks dry the car after the rain came. I guess if I had to criticize Jean-Claude, I would say he is less than perfect in weather forecasting! ����
I would say I am more a reporter than a meteorologist.

It's okay you didn't get a shot of it. I checked my security cameras and grabbed this video of me when the rain started:

Old 09-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Extreme Autowerks
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Jean Claude and the whole Modesta crew! We recently became a certified installer down here in Southern Cali and can't wait to have our client's vehicles looking like yours! Less rain down here :P

-K
Old 09-10-2018, 11:02 PM
jesm
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Your car looks AMAZING!! Big fan of GT silver and rhodium silver!! Awesome work...wished mine had that big butt!!!
Old 09-11-2018, 09:26 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,146 Likes on 629 Posts

I use this right now to maintain my coating. https://www.autogeek.net/coating-maintenance-kit.html

Bead maker also works fantastic for a detail spray.

Quick Reply: Post Modesta shine