Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Perforated seats - discolored perforations

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018 | 06:06 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z00mie
Leather cleaner (I use Colourlock), soft bristle (boars hair) brush to get into the perferations, follow with moist warm towel to remove soil/ excess cleaner, blow out perforations with clean compressed air, done. It'll often even restore the French seams back to their original hue. I've removed espresso stains from Platinum leather perf this way. However, If this still isn't successful you then can use a steamer before the moist towel step. Follow up with compressed air...
what brush are you using?
Old 08-13-2018 | 10:56 PM
Z00mie
Racer

Very basic pig bristle (boars hair) masseuse's brush. I swiped it from my better-half. Its labeled Redecker?
Old 08-16-2018 | 12:30 AM
Alagar
8th Gear

...and here's what the seats look like 2.5 years after I fixed the water spotting on them.

The following users liked this post:
coffeeisgood (11-19-2020)
Old 08-16-2018 | 12:42 AM
mreloc
Pro

Originally Posted by Alagar
...and here's what the seats look like 2.5 years after I fixed the water spotting on them.

Wow- yes these look fantastic. Perforations dark is just fine.
Old 08-17-2018 | 08:33 PM
Fünfer
Racer

I have black ventilated seats and I don't have any dark spots, but I do have dirt in some of the holes. I was also wondering what the best way was to clean ventilated seats. I don't want to start smearing a bunch of 'product' into the holes that then wouldn't come out. Is there a factory recommended procedure on how to clean ventilated seats? And not just to clean the holes, but also to condition the leather without plugging up all the holes?
Old 08-17-2018 | 09:25 PM
trucheli
Pro

Check out my post here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1054...ted-seats.html
Old 08-17-2018 | 10:53 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Now I have seen everything. I showed my wife and she actually was surprised to see someone more **** than me. The only thing in that thread I found useful was the post that recommended using Lexol, which is thin and you spray it on a microfiber and wipe the seats. Sorry, cleaning every hole is ridiculous and as another poster said I would also sell my car if that was my only option.
Old 08-18-2018 | 08:47 AM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Now I have seen everything. I showed my wife and she actually was surprised to see someone more **** than me. The only thing in that thread I found useful was the post that recommended using Lexol, which is thin and you spray it on a microfiber and wipe the seats. Sorry, cleaning every hole is ridiculous and as another poster said I would also sell my car if that was my only option.
You misread the post. It’s not about cleaning every hole. Most of the time when someone applies a heavy dose of leather cleaner or protection cream is done in a small area. Nobody is talking about cleaning the whole seat hole by hole. Fake News!
Old 08-18-2018 | 09:57 AM
trucheli
Pro

[QUOTE=Fünfer;15224648]I have black ventilated seats and I don't have any dark spots, but I do have dirt in some of the holes. I was also wondering what the best way was to clean ventilated seats. I don't want to start smearing a bunch of 'product' into the holes that then wouldn't come out. Is there a factory recommended procedure on how to clean ventilated seats? And not just to clean the holes, but also to condition the leather without plugging up all the holes?[/QU

In my opinion this is the best option for ventilated seats. You can spray the whole seat and let it sit for a minute then wipe off with white microfiber towel to see the results. You don't have to worry about clogging the holes. You can just use this product alone since it also has conditioning properties. If you want to add another leather treatment on top you can use Leather Master Protection Cream or Sonax Premium Class Leather Cream on a microfiber applicator and make sure that you spread it first then start on the flat surfaces to spread the product like the back of the seat and head rest, then to the rest of the seat.

https://www.sonaxusa.com/car-leather...nditioner.html
https://www.sonaxusa.com/leather-care-cream.html
https://www.leatherworldtech.com/Lea...eam-p/lmpc.htm
https://www.microfibertech.com/Small...-in_p_333.html

Last edited by trucheli; 08-18-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-28-2020 | 03:40 PM
darron35
1st Gear

I ran across this thread. I have the same problem with my red seats. Did you ever find a solution?

Quick Reply: Perforated seats - discolored perforations