Fair price on 2013 Cabrio C2S?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 03:13 PM
erikcw
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fair price on 2013 Cabrio C2S?

Hi guys,

Shopping for my first Porsche. WTB a 991 Cabriolet, preferably with a manual transmission. Thinking a C2S if it's a 991.1 or a C2 if 991.2....

I've come across an out of state car (I'm in NorCal) that might be the right fit for me, but it seems priced a little rich (according to KBB at least...) seeing as the warranty has expired and it isn't CPO. What do you think the fair value is?

Here is the listing: http://www.parkplaceltd.com/used-car...CB2A98DS155499

Anything else I should be watching out for?

Thanks!

Old 08-03-2018, 09:39 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

My 2015 is a $145k build that I bought for $75k just a month ago. Still has one year factory warranty and more options. Calibration point perhaps.

The car your looking at is very nice and I wouldn’t kick it out of my garage!

Get a PPI for anything you may consider buying!
Old 08-04-2018, 03:04 AM
unluckydrawer
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by erikcw
Hi guys,

Shopping for my first Porsche. WTB a 991 Cabriolet, preferably with a manual transmission. Thinking a C2S if it's a 991.1 or a C2 if 991.2....

I've come across an out of state car (I'm in NorCal) that might be the right fit for me, but it seems priced a little rich (according to KBB at least...) seeing as the warranty has expired and it isn't CPO. What do you think the fair value is?

Here is the listing: http://www.parkplaceltd.com/used-car...CB2A98DS155499

Anything else I should be watching out for?

Thanks!
I was in the market for a 991.1 C2S/C4S non-cabrio around 2 weeks ago.

$65k for ~35-50k mileage C2S 2012/13/14 Model Year
$75k for ~20k mileage C2S/C4S 2012/13/14 Model Year typically w/ 1-1.5 year CPO warranty remaining

Here were the resources I used back then:Given the relatively low mileage, I think that price isn't too far off. Don't forget to factor in transportation costs when purchasing out of state. I leased my 2013 991 C2 from Park Place in 2013 (rep was Keith Beitter) so I have had a positive experience with Park Place Porsche.

I ended up getting mine from Phillips Auto two weeks ago.

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
My 2015 is a $145k build that I bought for $75k just a month ago. Still has one year factory warranty and more options. Calibration point perhaps.

The car your looking at is very nice and I wouldn’t kick it out of my garage!

Get a PPI for anything you may consider buying!
What was the mileage?
Old 08-04-2018, 11:26 AM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AoshichanX

$75k for ~20k mileage C2S/C4S 2012/13/14 Model Year typically w/ 1-1.5 year CPO warranty remaining

Here were the resources I used back then:Given the relatively low mileage, I think that price isn't too far off. Don't forget to factor in transportation costs when purchasing out of state. I leased my 2013 991 C2 from Park Place in 2013 (rep was Keith Beitter) so I have had a positive experience with Park Place Porsche.

What was the mileage?
Non-CPO should be a little less, the MSRP is only a reference, I would also focus on how desire are those options. I got my 991.1S 3 mos ago, non Cab, MSRP was about 118k but it had all the options that I want (minus the PSE which have been added since) and I paid under 73k CPO-ed with 25k miles

I would say below 75k would be "fair"

OT:

I question the cars that comes from PHILLIPS personally......

Not sure if this matter but i personally had a bad experience with PHILLIPS years ago when I was shopping for a 987.2. They had a 2010 black one, S PDK, SC etc. pretty much all the options that i wanted, clean carfax under 30k miles, test drove the car and everything was fine, did a PPI on it at Newport and they found that the left side of the car was in an accident. Lower door and rear quarter panel were Bondo-ed poorly, you can see the scratches on it PLUS a wacked paint meter reading.

Mechanically the car was fine, but it was obvious that they car was in an accident before and it didnt show up on carfax. which is an example of how important PPI can be ESP if you are not buying CPO.

The guy from PHILLIPS was there with me for the PPI and he just shrug and still thinks the car is fine and they had no idea and the price is what it is. I do admit that they do price their car below market value, but I would say buyers beware!!!

needless to say, i paid the $395 for PPI and ran far and fast. This time around when looking around for a 991.1CS I steer clear from them no matter how good of a deal it looks like.......
Old 08-04-2018, 03:23 PM
unluckydrawer
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vodkag
Non-CPO should be a little less, the MSRP is only a reference, I would also focus on how desire are those options. I got my 991.1S 3 mos ago, non Cab, MSRP was about 118k but it had all the options that I want (minus the PSE which have been added since) and I paid under 73k CPO-ed with 25k miles

I would say below 75k would be "fair"

OT:

I question the cars that comes from PHILLIPS personally......

Not sure if this matter but i personally had a bad experience with PHILLIPS years ago when I was shopping for a 987.2. They had a 2010 black one, S PDK, SC etc. pretty much all the options that i wanted, clean carfax under 30k miles, test drove the car and everything was fine, did a PPI on it at Newport and they found that the left side of the car was in an accident. Lower door and rear quarter panel were Bondo-ed poorly, you can see the scratches on it PLUS a wacked paint meter reading.

Mechanically the car was fine, but it was obvious that they car was in an accident before and it didnt show up on carfax. which is an example of how important PPI can be ESP if you are not buying CPO.

The guy from PHILLIPS was there with me for the PPI and he just shrug and still thinks the car is fine and they had no idea and the price is what it is. I do admit that they do price their car below market value, but I would say buyers beware!!!

needless to say, i paid the $395 for PPI and ran far and fast. This time around when looking around for a 991.1CS I steer clear from them no matter how good of a deal it looks like.......
Yikes and thanks for sharing your experience! I am hoping I lucked out -- everything checked out when I conducted my due diligence. I paid $76k for mine w/ MSRP of 132k, it may have been over market but I couldn't find any other in Agate Greys with the options I wanted haha.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:50 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by AoshichanX

What was the mileage?
It had just over 30k on the clock.

Quick Reply: Fair price on 2013 Cabrio C2S?