Sponsored by:

PCC Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 10:17 PM
Nm2far
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Default PCC Stopped Working

Have the full PCC subscription of location, remote and security services. Worked fine until about 2 months ago, and now cannot connect - connect from phone to server works OK, but no connection to the car. Called Porsche to troubleshoot, verified everything was up to date, and they thought it might be a bad connection in my area, but worked in my current location previously and it doesn't work in other areas where there obviously would be coverage. It does appear that the latest version of the PCC App was released about 2 moths ago as well.

Has anyone else had similar issues and were you able to resolve?
Old 08-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Nm2far
Instructor

Now going on 81 days no connect. Hours on the phone with PCNA trying to troubleshoot. Their solution is now replace module which according to the dealer requires complete disassembly of the dash in order to replace. Not happy about this and tempted to just let it go, but don’t feel like just accepting this sort of lack of perfection in a car this $$$$. While perhaps fluff to some I liked the stolen vehicle and remote accident/airbag reporting functionality which I considered a must have in a new vehicle.

Last edited by Nm2far; 08-03-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:06 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 674 Likes on 359 Posts

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty.

Just checked. Mine is working fine so I think the backend services are working fine.

My car is in the shop for service... your post and my check on the car and seeing it in their parking lot made me think to set a speed and position fence on the car while it's there. I'll get an alert if it is driven away from the dealership area or faster than 40 mph... and then I can check to see what's up. The work they are doing shouldn't require a test drive. I actually do trust them, but since I have to ability to check I might as well use it.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Nm2far
Instructor

There is also a service mode under the security tab that you should turn on while in the shop - if they disconnect the battery which they do frequently during service it will generate a theft report assuming it was intentional disabling of anti-theft measures.

Quick Reply: PCC Stopped Working