Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Function-First

Old 07-18-2018, 12:34 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Function-First

Anyone ever deal with this company? They make some sporty looking shift ***** and was thinking one of their shift ***** painted in my exterior color might look good. I emailed them with a question and have not heard squat.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:55 AM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

I bought a couple of ***** from them for my 997 as well as their trans mount insert with no issues and great service. Now I was buying their standard products so that may be why.....so for something custom I can’t really say.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:04 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S
I bought a couple of ***** from them for my 997 as well as their trans mount insert with no issues and great service. Now I was buying their standard products so that may be why.....so for something custom I can’t really say.
Thanks. I reread my post and I was not clear, I want to buy one of their ***** and I’ll paint it myself. Was asking them how long it will take to get some out of stock items back in stock.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:16 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Happy with the one on my 993. It did take a while to get as FF said there was an issue with a batch of anodizing or something so I had to wait for another batch. One tip, to get the pattern to line up perfectly, bend the wavy washer a little more to get more tension on it if it cranks a little too far down.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:21 AM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts

I have the FF shift **** in my 911 and absolutely love the feel and hand fitment over the stock shifter. One thing that I noticed was that the shift pattern engraving was a bit rough when in contact with the palm of my hand. The positive is that it fits the palm perfectly. On to customer service. I contacted FF regarding the rough feeling and received a prompt response. They offered to machine another shift ball and send to me. The replacement was still a bit rough, but certainly not objectionable. I chose to have my shift pattern unpainted so that may be the reason why the pattern edges are a bit edgy. At the end of it all, I am completely happy with the product and the customer service. Hope this helps.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:30 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I was not happy with the way the white **** they offer looked, so I got the aluminum and painted it myself. This is before I went back and did a little more detail work on the paint inside the shift pattern but I am very happy with the end result.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:17 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

AIBinVA & ibmiked, how did you go about contacting them? I tried the email address on their site, got a quick yahoo email to confirm I'm not a bot, then my email was sent. Last night as an alternative I sent a RL PM.

ibmiked, what sort of paint, and method did you use to fill the engraving with contrasting paint? Your shift **** looks great!
Old 07-18-2018, 10:27 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

I bought one of their shift ***** second hand that had been powder coated close to my agate gray exterior. I love it!
Old 07-18-2018, 10:58 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by flickroll
Anyone ever deal with this company? They make some sporty looking shift ***** and was thinking one of their shift ***** painted in my exterior color might look good. I emailed them with a question and have not heard squat.
I made contact with them this morning via RL PM and am currently working with Luka.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:02 AM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I've been eyeing their shift *****.. Looks like a really cool piece thats semi customized..

What material is everyone running? The ligher Delrin or full Aluminum? Benefits or any comparisons? I ran Delrin in my M3 before and thought it was OK but was notchier.

Stephen
Old 07-18-2018, 11:08 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

I dropped shipped them Viper Green touch up paint & they did a great job painting the numbers before shipping.
Very happy with the look.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:21 AM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Great company to deal with.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:36 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by stephen k
I've been eyeing their shift *****.. Looks like a really cool piece thats semi customized..

What material is everyone running? The ligher Delrin or full Aluminum? Benefits or any comparisons? I ran Delrin in my M3 before and thought it was OK but was notchier.

Stephen
I purchased the aluminum version and it was great....until summer when I scorched my palm! So then I bought a Delrin version and that did the job! The added weight of the aluminum enhanced the shifting of my Numeric Shifter, but the Delrin was good as well.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:48 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S

I purchased the aluminum version and it was great....until summer when I scorched my palm! So then I bought a Delrin version and that did the job! The added weight of the aluminum enhanced the shifting of my Numeric Shifter, but the Delrin was good as well.
I put a jewelry bag over mine when its really hot or really cold lol
Old 07-18-2018, 02:38 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 915 Likes on 547 Posts

I love the weight this added to my shifter, if you get the aluminum one, be ready for a heavier shift ****, but I personally love the feel when compared to the light weight stock ****. I also installed mine with Numeric Racing short shifter. Shifting feels perfect now!

BTW, I have a GT4/911R OEM short shifter if anyone is interested. PM me! will sell for cheap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Function-First