Sponsored by:

Will my 911T be a 2019?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 10:50 PM
Highway2Hell
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will my 911T be a 2019?

I talked with my SA on the production of my 911T and asked if it would be a 2019. He said that as far as he knows there have been no 2019 "T" Allocations. Originally I thought I had seen post where others have talked about June / July builds being 2019's. Anyone hear anything different?

Here is my current build / delivery status:

Will this be a 2019 ???

Looks like its in route on the Siem Cicero.... I'm tracking it via the MaineTraffic website.... Its like watching the second hand tick away and you still have 30 days to go!
Old 07-16-2018, 11:04 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

I'm not sure when the cutoff is between the '18 and '19 but mine is scheduled for July build and was told that it is a '19 MY car. There are also many other T orders that have delivery dates of Sept/Oct. Those are obviously '19 MY cars as well.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:57 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 97 Posts

Cars built after 7/1 are '19's. Delivery most likely in Sept. your salesperson must have just started as you can plainly see what model year the car is on the PSVMS.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:56 PM
Highway2Hell
Intermediate

So I guess its sounds like I missed it by -- that much. No matter what, I'm sure I'll love the snot out of it once it is in my possession.! ha ha
I've definitely been becoming a fan watching others post videos of their enjoyment with the "T". Their maintenance and modifications post have also been great.
Keep it up folks!
Old 07-18-2018, 10:55 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Mines supposed to be a ‘19. - but given there are no differences that I know of - except maybe missing headlamp nozzles, what’s the big deal if it’s a 18 vs 19? Depreciation?
Old 08-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Highway2Hell
Intermediate

Picked up my "BABY" on Friday. Had it delivered to Pinpoint Precision Detailing ( http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com ) in Coral Springs, FL. It's going to get the full PPF and Modesta treatment.
Came in as a 2018 VIN # 6557.
I haven't driven it due to I wanted a pristine surface for Francisco Santiago to work his magic.
I was glad the dealer put on the clear side markers. I asked the morning I picked it up, but my SA was not sure about it. Then when I saw them loading it on the transport I was glad it was done and not another item I needed to purchase.
Also glad to see the tires installed are now Michelin's from the factory.

Miami Blue is such a vivid color. I could not get my NIKON digital camera to capture the color correctly, always too light a blue shade. I tried the white balance trick... but to no avail. My Samsung S8 got close to getting it correct.

Now its time to be patient a little longer. See my "BABY" in about a week.....

Plastic removed and still had orange side markers installed at the dealership

It's hard to capture the Miami Blue color. I found my phone did the best job. I tried playing with the white balance on my camera, just no luck capturing the color. At least the dealership installed the clear LED side markers.

At Pinpoint Precision Detailing awaiting Francisco Santiago's masterful hands for paint correction before the PPF and Modesta treatment.

I was glad to see that Michelin PS4S installed from factory and not the P-Zero's

The only thing other than gray mirrors that let you know its a T.

The standard black seats

Hope to never have to use the fire extinguisher.

Love the curves on the hips!

Love that distinctive 911 good looks!

As I left "BABY"... See you in about a week
Old 08-05-2018, 09:25 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 361 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by G99x.y
Mines supposed to be a ‘19. - but given there are no differences that I know of - except maybe missing headlamp nozzles, what’s the big deal if it’s a 18 vs 19? Depreciation?
My 2018 with LED PDLS+ does NOT have the headlamp nozzles either.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:30 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 361 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Highway2Hell
Picked up my "BABY" on Friday. Had it delivered to Pinpoint Precision Detailing ( http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com ) in Coral Springs, FL. It's going to get the full PPF and Modesta treatment.
I haven't driven it due to I wanted a pristine surface for Francisco Santiago to work his magic.
I was glad the dealer put on the clear side markers. I asked the morning I picked it up, but my SA was not sure about it. Then when I saw them loading it on the transport I was glad it was done and not another item I needed to purchase.

Miami Blue is such a vivid color. I could not get my NIKON digital camera to capture the color correctly, always too light a blue shade. I tried the white balance trick... but to no avail. My Samsung S8 got close to getting it correct.

It's hard to capture the Miami Blue color. I found my phone did the best job. I tried playing with the white balance on my camera, just no luck capturing the color. At least the dealership installed the clear LED side markers.

Beautiful car, congratulations!!!

Old 08-05-2018, 10:17 PM
ichsan
Track Day

Congratulations! If I can buy a new Porsche someday I think I will feel the hype as you
Originally Posted by Highway2Hell

At Pinpoint Precision Detailing awaiting Francisco Santiago's masterful hands for paint correction before the PPF and Modesta treatment.

I was glad to see that Michelin PS4S installed from factory and not the P-Zero's

The only thing other than gray mirrors that let you know its a T.

The standard black seats

Hope to never have to use the fire extinguisher.

Love the curves on the hips!

Love that distinctive 911 good looks!

Old 08-05-2018, 10:56 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 73 Posts

Beautiful car, congratulations.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:56 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Great car.

Now I wish I had ordered the extinguisher. 🙃

btw - what is a modesta treatment?
Old 08-06-2018, 03:10 AM
CrownCityBoy
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts

My 2018 Carrera T’s build sheet shows “Production Month: 2018-07-04”. VIN #6589. It’s on the ship, due to hit shore Aug. 12 or 13.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:50 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by G99x.y
Great car.

Now I wish I had ordered the extinguisher. 🙃

btw - what is a modesta treatment?
http://www.modesta.co/product-bc-05-...s-coating.html
Old 08-06-2018, 09:04 AM
minthral
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

That blue color looks great. You got those clear side indicators on quick...Not sure why Porsche doesn't just send cars with them like they do Europe.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:18 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by minthral
That blue color looks great. You got those clear side indicators on quick...Not sure why Porsche doesn't just send cars with them like they do Europe.
There is another thread about the side markers if you get bored! (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1086...rown-in-2.html)
And the car looks great...have the same color Targa 4S on order.

Quick Reply: Will my 911T be a 2019?