Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used 991 purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 08:27 PM
ECM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New 991 owner here...picked up a 2013 C4S last week. Had the same experience as 696; these cars hold their value. Finally found one with 47K miles, C4S, Burmester, leather interior, power steering plus, PDK, premium package plus, aerokit, in basalt black. Asking $68K, negotiated down to $64.5K ($135K build sheet). CPO. You just have to keep looking. I was initially looking for a GTS, but those were a little tougher to find. C4S was my second choice, and I'm digging it.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:34 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Congratulations. I’m looking forward to finding the right car
Old 07-16-2018, 03:13 AM
2016mwk4sporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill reiterate some of what has been said in the previous threads and that is that the hunt is a big part of the experience, and the good ones do hold their value. It is a very intense experience if you are looking for the right Porsche. I found my first Porsche after a six week search looking on all of the web based car lots daily. (Carfax, Cars.com, Edmunds, Carguru,) I narrowed my search down to a 2014/2015 911 s or 4s and from there, made it my mission in life to find the best deal I could within my price range. I was patient enough to know that not every deal on the web was really a deal and research is absolutely necessary before you go to look at the car. Dealers are almost always more expensive than private sellers, but you can tell how long a dealer has had the car on the lot which may help in dealing on the price. The car fax report is important as well as any other information you can acquire on the dealer or independent car lot selling the car.

The Porsche 911's I was looking at were valued between 80k and 100k depending on the year, mileage, CPO or not, accessories etc.... I searched the west coast mainly but also considered some Midwest locations and researched shipping costs. The higher priced 911s were at dealers and they were not readily willing to deal unless I came in to speak with them. Although after a month some did send me emails asking if I was still in the market and they were more willing to deal at that point. I don't think they like to have a car on their lots more than 3 or 4 months but I don't know that for sure. I was pretty open to any combination because buying pre-owned you do not have very many alternatives..... you have to chose your must haves and go with the extra stuff whether you want it or not.. its just a part of buying pre-owned. The pricing was so close sometimes it was difficult to decide on a newer model base 911 or a used 911 S or 4 S. I wanted a 4S in the end so that is what I focused on.

I was searching long enough to come upon a private seller out of San Diego. The deal seemed to good to be true but after my research I flew down to look at it and it was as it appeared. A 2015 911 4S with 9800 miles on it and it was also a CPO 4yr 100k warranty attached to it. the seller had all of the paperwork on the car and the CPO. He was meticulous in his care of the vehicle as well as the paperwork. My dream car and the CPO was the icing on the cake. I bought it for 91K and it was absolutely worth going a little higher than I wanted to in order to get the car I wanted.

You can find these cars it just takes time and awareness of what may be a great deal and then acting upon it quickly. I looked at several cars before I flew to San Diego but it was all worth it in the end and having the CPO is very satisfying. I know the vehicle will be very solid and Im having a blast driving it but the CPO was important to me. Good luck on your search.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:47 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by aj1
Dont want to hijack thread, a quick question, been looking for a while and it seems like the 13 S is commanding about $10k more than the 12.5 S,
I cant seem to the differences, can someone elibrate.
Thks
aj

Oh Ccpbmd that is the color combination I've been looking for Very Clean nice Looking with a manual.

696 I have noticed usually the weekend after the july 4 prices seem to start correcting,
noticed several some up to 5K,
but then the one you miss will stick with you until you find it again

I have passed on several and regret it now, and finding an exact replacement has been difficult without spending considerably more.
No- the 2012.5 vs the 13 with similar options is def not $10k difference. the price diff is VERY minimal (if any)

I saw a 2013 with 34k miles CPO-ed PDK, SC, full leather, PDLS, premium plus, sunroof, steering plus, sold for $73k and change
I bought my 2012.5 with 25k miles CPO-ed PDK, SC, adaptive seat, SPASM, PDLS, sunroof, premium plus, steering plus paid 72.8k

it really all depends on location , condition and option. buying a used P-car is very diff compared to other used vehicles. prices can fluctuate a lot from one car to another

Quick Reply: Used 991 purchase