Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 COBB tune - Impressions and Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018 | 10:08 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Originally Posted by blurum
Ok ordered my Cobb through Porsche dealer for my new base 991.2. . Just broke 1000 miles after 2 weeks. Dice rolled on warranty ... for now OTS map. Will provide impressions late next week.
i drove it like I stole it on day one . Redline , limiter, high speeds. No need to break in these new Porsche’s.
What dealer is this?
Old 07-16-2018 | 10:17 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Hey 4 Point 0,

We apologize for the delay here. This was our fault/miscommunication that time and we're doing our best to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.

Shipping in ECUs its a new process for us so we're still sorting out the various scenarios that can play out. This was not handled as quickly/efficiently as we would have liked to and we apologize for that.

Thanks,
-Aaron@COBB
Still waiting on the empty box. Hmmmmm I have a track event where I am racing my buddy on 3 August. At this stage, I don't want to risk not having my car if it takes over a week one way?

How much is overnight express?
Old 07-16-2018 | 10:44 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Still waiting on the empty box. Hmmmmm I have a track event where I am racing my buddy on 3 August. At this stage, I don't want to risk not having my car if it takes over a week one way?

How much is overnight express?
I assume that you are emailing ( or calling ) them directly rather than waiting for them to notice this thread.
Old 07-16-2018 | 10:46 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

4 point 0: If it makes you feel any better they shipped my ECU to the wrong state and I even included a pre paid, fully insured Fedex Overnight label they disregarded.
They have some kinks they need to work out..
Old 07-16-2018 | 10:46 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by arter
I assume that you are emailing ( or calling ) them directly rather than waiting for them to notice this thread.
Haha. Yes, I have even asked the shop to get tracking on the empty Box. lol
Old 07-16-2018 | 10:51 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
4 point 0: If it makes you feel any better they shipped my ECU to the wrong state and I even included a pre paid, fully insured Fedex Overnight label they disregarded.
They have some kinks they need to work out..
Yeah, I don't know if that makes it better or worse. My main concern is "IF" I ship before my race date and it doesn't come back in time and I forfeit. (NOT COOL).

I may have to consider racing without the COBB. There is a place here that can Flash your car via OBD. They read the car, and send the read away, and then 24 hours later they flash your car. However, they get the Password once. Apparently the ECU will change the password weekly. So Its a one time deal. Load the time , its on, and you can't make changes. I would have preferred COBB, but its dragging on.
Old 07-16-2018 | 10:53 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Why are you waiting on a box man? Pack up the ECU with bubblewrap and foam or even inside a second box and ship it. They will ship it back in their proprietary box.
I didnt wait for their box, I packed it up and Fedex'ed it overnight with tracking and 2500 insurance. DONE
Old 07-16-2018 | 10:56 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Why are you waiting on a box man? Pack up the ECU with bubblewrap and foam or even inside a second box and ship it. They will ship it back in their proprietary box.
I didnt wait for their box, I packed it up and Fedex'ed it overnight with tracking and 2500 insurance. DONE
I don't want any excuse, like, OH it wasn't shipped in the correct box. Or worse, we lost it.
Old 07-16-2018 | 10:59 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

They dont own Fedex. If Fedex loses it when you ship or they ship its still lost. They won't lose it, they are 99.9% and if its insured you are covered. I wouldn't wait. I didnt wait and I got it back
Old 07-16-2018 | 11:00 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

The thing is, Unlocking an ECU is not rocket science. If you have done one, you have pretty much done them all. Its a few pins in the board. I have watched this many times, on many brands.

Guys here have the Master Magic x17. That should be capable of unlocking it. COBB should talk him (Authorised COBB dealer) through it and have it out and back in same day. I would be happy to pay them for the phone call and time. (The hardest part is opening the box. Seriously.)
Old 07-16-2018 | 11:37 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

I'm also waiting on my box, I live in a neighboring state to COBB. Might have to make a road trip down there.

4.0, I've got this baseball bat with your name written all over it
Old 07-16-2018 | 11:39 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LavaGTS
I'm also waiting on my box, I live in a neighboring state to COBB. Might have to make a road trip down there.

4.0, I've got this baseball bat with your name written all over it
Hahaha, I'm sure that's not necessary. COBB are good guys, and they have great products. The AMS intercoolers are sweet. Looking at the DSC module, a stack of Elephant racing bars and Vektor headers next.

So Stage 2 and then Stage 3 should come as fast as COBB can release them.
Old 07-17-2018 | 12:09 AM
///M3THOD
Racer

They dont own Fedex. If Fedex loses it when you ship or they ship its still lost. They won't lose it, they are 99.9% and if its insured you are covered. I wouldn't wait. I didnt wait and I got it back
Same. I packed and shipped my own in Overnight AM. Insured it for 5k just to make sure i would be covered if anything happened.

They're slammed with these things right now. Im sure they probably don't want people doing this, but perhaps in your circumstances they may work with you.

GL!
Old 07-17-2018 | 12:12 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ///M3THOD
Same. I packed and shipped my own in Overnight AM. Insured it for 5k just to make sure i would be covered if anything happened.

They're slammed with these things right now. Im sure they probably don't want people doing this, but perhaps in your circumstances they may work with you.

GL!
It would be really nice if they could. Trust me, they want their tune on my car. It will make them look very good, and everyone will ask, What tune i have. : )

Old 07-17-2018 | 12:54 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Hahaha, I'm sure that's not necessary. COBB are good guys, and they have great products. The AMS intercoolers are sweet. Looking at the DSC module, a stack of Elephant racing bars and Vektor headers next.

So Stage 2 and then Stage 3 should come as fast as COBB can release them.
Yeah, they are. I'm just fooling around as I'm a COBB loyalist (have had their products on 4 other platforms).

I'm really digging the sound of the Kline headers which to me sounds higher pitched and more "exotic" if you will. As for DSC, do you have front axle lift with a sunroof? I have these options which is a problem because the DSC module glitches with these options.

Have you gotten info/pricing on the Vektor headers?

Quick Reply: 991.2 COBB tune - Impressions and Dyno