Sponsored by:

Why are people Ass*oles ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 08:59 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H

Seems like my life consists of going to the gym, grocery store, work and eating at places one has to valet. Half the fun of owning nice cars is driving to these places and valets smiling, complimenting your car and parking in special parking spots in front of the business that are usually reserved for better than 911s. Valets ain’t going to ruin a Porsche and we grab Wraiths and Dawns from my wife’s work to hit town in from time to time and love pulling up to the valet stand in these . . . I love the Wraith period.

I dunnno, seems like nobuse in having nice cars if your all up tight about driving them anyeahere and all up in everyone else’s business about everything they do and don’t do correctly in life.
I totally see your point and I agree with you completely. These "rules" of mine have genuinely been formed from experience.

It's funny how much more I enjoy driving rental lambos/911s/AMGs and such. Park em anywhere and no problems.

Just recently some girl sat on the hood/bumper of my 911 and I watched the hood line crease deep into my bumper. I cringed so hard and wish I had the right to punt her temple. Her butt and hand prints stayed there as evidence. I asked her what she was doing and she laughed being all nonchalant.

Anything for the snap, like and views right?

For groceries and shopping I have a dedicated vehicle. Porsche is for the fun stuff.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:21 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,030 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
This thread still alive???

Can't believe it's still going on.

"BMW owner upset Ferrari parked too close"

Attachment 1285553
Well, the Ferrari driver might have been getting serviced at the time...
The following users liked this post:
Screamineagle81 (05-01-2022)
Old 07-10-2018, 11:03 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

OK before you rag me for not being completely in my space consider there was already a car parked on my right and it was over the line. Anyway let me set the tone here. There is parking deck working being done and thus spots are limited. The security crew has been ticketing folk (though it means nothing) and putting up said signs to ask people not to park where this gentleman did. They apparently will boot you if you do it too much. This car was booted but you can't see it in photo. Apparently the security guys were so tired of this repeat offender that they put the sign on his car! As I was driving off he was getting to his car. I rolled down my window and said "Hey it wasn't me man". So there is no way this 6'3'' gentleman got out of his car without scraping along mine with his computer bag. I've given up and will just polish my Cayenne once a year. He seemed real nice and kind of amused by the whole thing. I think he knows there really is nothing they can do but give him a lecture and inform his manager. Thought you would get a kick out of this:
Old 07-11-2018, 09:33 AM
DNSGT3
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 63 Posts

Interesting reading. After years of driving I learned the following:
1. Some people just don’t give a sht about others.
2. Some people are ignorant because they are really really stupid - low IQ, could understand what ur saying type of stupidity.
3. Some people could be extreme over-react and dangerous.
To these fkers you can’t do anything other than walk away, call your insurance or call the police. Being tough and confront them won’t do you anything. They won’t understand and they don’t care.
Plus, you are just a cocky P driver that cares too much about your car. “It’s just a dent, you have the money to fix it. You make too much money.” “Yea , F U.”
Old 07-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,184 Likes on 711 Posts

There are lots of people who could care less about cars in general - they lease whatever is the cheapest and get a new one every 2-4 years. Lots of people don't even like driving and see driving as a chore rather than as something pleasurable. If they see a shopping cart too close to their car, they will just use their car to push it out of the way. Parked too close to them, no problem, just push your car door into the offending car as hard as you can to get in. See a nice car in the lot, since they can't afford one, park close to them just to let that owner know that they don't care.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:35 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rcristobal
People are so damn lazy. Came back from the store after a quick stop and 2 carts.
I read an amazing story somewhere about carts.

People who do not put the carts back truly have no success mindset in life. They assume someone will take care of it.

Morons will be morons.

I see the cart issue all over my area.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:26 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,030 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by DNSGT3
Interesting reading. After years of driving I learned the following:
1. Some people just don’t give a sht about others.
2. Some people are ignorant because they are really really stupid - low IQ, could understand what ur saying type of stupidity.
3. Some people could be extreme over-react and dangerous.
To these fkers you can’t do anything other than walk away, call your insurance or call the police. Being tough and confront them won’t do you anything. They won’t understand and they don’t care.
Plus, you are just a cocky P driver that cares too much about your car. “It’s just a dent, you have the money to fix it. You make too much money.” “Yea , F U.”
Hmm, maybe we can imagine circles of Hell corresponding to these types (and others).
Old 07-12-2018, 01:57 AM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LavaGTS
It's funny how much more I enjoy driving rental lambos/911s/AMGs and such. Park em anywhere and no problems.
I’ll just leave these two quotes here, together. A brief reflection on the nature of irony.

Originally Posted by LavaGTS
Just recently some girl sat on the hood/bumper of my 911 and I watched the hood line crease deep into my bumper. I cringed so hard and wish I had the right to punt her temple.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:38 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Benedict14

I’ll just leave these two quotes here, together. A brief reflection on the nature of irony.

Hey, it is what it is. You wanna make a buck off a car, those are the circumstances.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:36 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Firstly, I'm surprised how many people here don't park at corner spots. I mean, when it comes to parking, it's all about doing your best to minimize possibility of damage. It's an averages game. I won't even go somewhere if I can't find a good corner spot I'm comfortable with.

Originally Posted by Ccpecot
So this happened at my local Publix recently. What's interesting is that I am walking back to my car and the guy parked next to me decides to leave his shopping cart in front of my car, slightly to the left. As I walked up, he looked at me. I kindly asked him if he was going to move the shopping cart. He looked at me, didn't say a word, and got in his car to leave. I was a little surprised by the situation, but I decided that no further confrontation was necessary. What's even more surprising is that he only had to walk about 20 feet to drop the cart in the designated area. Bottom line is that I just moved the cart myself so that no one else would have to deal with it. Honestly, I've come to the conclusion that quite a few people in this world have forgotten about the effect of that their action/inaction has on others.
Originally Posted by Penn4S
That's part of it no doubt. But the other part is generally people just suck. No respect for others property any more, entitled, full of spite, and no love for anything.
Thank God I'm me, not them.
"Forgotten" or "any more" implies that people once did care more than they do now, or were more respectful. I know everyone loves to romanticize the past, but no, they didn't, and no they weren't better. 70's/80's/90's crime rates (which I'm sure don't exclude vandalism and the like) would disagree with the "good ole' days" notion, as would minority groups who, forget parking, couldn't even use public bathrooms. Perspective is always important. Plenty of aspects in the past were superior (namely, art and creativity, as they benefitted from not being shackled to sterilized over-corporatization), but I don't think respect for one another is one of them, even taking into consideration how currently we're amidst an extremely psychologically volatile and divided time (which once again, is plenty engrained within our culture).

Originally Posted by tse
Yup...the great economic divide.

Getting worse by the minute...
Not a great recipe indeed.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:32 PM
AllForTheCash
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't post much on the forum, but read all the amusing posts. This has happens frequently with my old 997.2 and current 991.1
I did save one or two pictures, more to come as I take more pics.

Old 07-15-2018, 02:10 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Firstly, I'm surprised how many people here don't park at corner spots. I mean, when it comes to parking, it's all about doing your best to minimize possibility of damage. It's an averages game. I won't even go somewhere if I can't find a good corner spot.
Good point. For me, I was parked curbside with his car to the left of me. I always look for corner spots. Lesson learned for me is even for quick trips to the grocer, I just take my daily driver:-)
Old 07-15-2018, 03:58 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AllForTheCash

I don't post much on the forum, but read all the amusing posts. This has happens frequently with my old 997.2 and current 991.1
I did save one or two pictures, more to come as I take more pics.
Acura and the vehicle next to it, both are guilty of asinine parking.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:32 PM
florre
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Success! Not a single car near me even though I spend over an hour in the mall.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:48 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 267 Posts

You’re in Sweden for cyin’ out loud, there’s like what, 15 people in the whole country?

��

DaveGee

Quick Reply: Why are people Ass*oles ?