Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avoiding Sales Tax on Cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018 | 11:56 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by visitador
Naw. If you are a dick trying to make yourself richer, I'll be a dick to make you pay your share of what you are supposed to pay. Just because you have the resources to make all that fancy legal stuff does not mean we are supposed to turn a blind eye
You're looking in the wrong place for the "tax dicks."

The "tax dicks" are those who inspire people to send their tax money elsewhere.

In your case, that would be your rulers from your city who've moved to Sacramento; and who, for example, are determined to buy stuff nobody in the state wants. Such as this :http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...525-story.html

The usual retort "if you don't like it, leave" doesn't work, anymore. What's evident is the The "tax dicks" and their followers need to leave. And until they do, there will always be those who are inspired to send their tax money elsewhere.
Old 06-29-2018 | 12:05 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

I think registration and use taxes should be redesigned to be proportional to vehicle weight rather than purchase price, to be more representative of the amount of damage to the roads that the vehicle does.

Unfortunately there aren’t enough sports car enthusiasts to wield significant electoral influence.
Old 06-29-2018 | 12:21 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

My last post on this topic. In Fairfax County VA we have a law that says you must pay the Personal Property Tax if you garage the car in the County and it's not up for interpretation. You can run Montana or Maryland or Florida tags if you want - you still are required to pay the Personal Property Tax every year. People run who run out-of-state tags on their cars that are garaged in the County are law-breakers, plain and simple. What's the difference between the guy that owns the 2017 GT3RS worth $ 265K and refused to pay the taxes while he drivers on the public roads and the illegal immigrant who breaks his arm and shows up at the Country Hospital to get his arm fixed for free and has a fake driver's license? Nothing. They are both breaking the law and using public services without paying.
Old 06-29-2018 | 12:41 PM
Highyo
Pro

Originally Posted by drcollie
My last post on this topic. In Fairfax County VA we have a law that says you must pay the Personal Property Tax if you garage the car in the County and it's not up for interpretation. You can run Montana or Maryland or Florida tags if you want - you still are required to pay the Personal Property Tax every year. People run who run out-of-state tags on their cars that are garaged in the County are law-breakers, plain and simple. What's the difference between the guy that owns the 2017 GT3RS worth $ 265K and refused to pay the taxes while he drivers on the public roads and the illegal immigrant who breaks his arm and shows up at the Country Hospital to get his arm fixed for free and has a fake driver's license? Nothing. They are both breaking the law and using public services without paying.
that's a crazy law. just like jailing someone in VA for going a certain amount over the speed limit. maybe it's the jesse james in me, but i'm rooting for that guy to get away with it.

also in my city, jaywalking is a crime. i still do it. i'm not a criminal
Old 06-29-2018 | 01:26 PM
Randy M
Drifting

What's the difference between the guy that owns the 2017 GT3RS worth $ 265K and refused to pay the taxes while he drivers on the public roads and the illegal immigrant who breaks his arm and shows up at the Country Hospital to get his arm fixed for free and has a fake driver's license? Nothing. They are both breaking the law and using public services without paying.
The guy who can afford a GT3RS has been paying through the nose in income taxes, property tax etc. That is the difference, and it's a big one. The illegal alien had contributed nothing to this country, snuck in against our laws, and should have been deported.

Should the guy who owns the GT3RS find any way he can to cut down his tax burden? Yes he should because he is in the top 10% who pays for 60% of the entire tax bill in this country.
Old 06-29-2018 | 01:28 PM
Highyo
Pro

Originally Posted by Randy M
The guy who can afford a GT3RS has been paying through the nose in income taxes, property tax etc. That is the difference, and it's a big one. The illegal alien had contributed nothing to this country, snuck in against our laws, and should have been deported.

Should the guy who owns the GT3RS find any way he can to cut down his tax burden? Yes he should because he is in the top 10% who pays for 60% of the entire tax bill in this country.
AMEN
Old 06-29-2018 | 01:30 PM
daberlin
Racer

Originally Posted by Highyo

also in my city, jaywalking is a crime. i still do it. i'm not a criminal
jaywalking = crime

criminal = (commits) crime

criminal = you
Old 06-29-2018 | 02:23 PM
Highyo
Pro

Originally Posted by daberlin
jaywalking = crime

criminal = (commits) crime

criminal = you
you = nerd from a fake *** city where no one walks
Old 06-29-2018 | 02:24 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

So how do you guys feel about bicyclists that don’t pay registration, fuel taxes, and insurance, but ride on public roads?

Also, I guarantee you the richer neighbor that you’re salty about, he or she generates significantly more economic activity through their businesses than you do. Which in turn, results in more taxes being collected by the government.

We could even talk about those that drive hybrids or EVs. They pay significantly less in fuel taxes, yet use the same roads.

Paying more in taxes doesn’t make you more patriotic.
Old 06-29-2018 | 02:44 PM
daberlin
Racer

you = nerd from a fake *** city where no one walks
Says the tool who's too damn cheap to even pay for a membership here. Your opinion = $0.00.
Old 06-29-2018 | 02:49 PM
Highyo
Pro

Originally Posted by daberlin
Says the tool who's too damn cheap to even pay for a membership here. Your opinion = $0.00.
honestly this is the first i have heard about paying for a membership on a free forum. what do you get with your hard earned money that you would obviously rather give to the government apparatus?
Old 06-29-2018 | 02:50 PM
Randy M
Drifting

You know, the whole membership thing here was an issue when John D owned the site. It was ad free back in the day. He sold it and now there are advertisements on the site so in my mind the argument to support the site by paying a membership is a bit weak now. We're all supporting the site now whether we have a membership or not by viewing ads. Honda apparently thinks that this is a good place to advertise their CR-V....
Old 06-29-2018 | 03:00 PM
Highyo
Pro

Originally Posted by Randy M
You know, the whole membership thing here was an issue when John D owned the site. It was ad free back in the day. He sold it and now there are advertisements on the site so in my mind the argument to support the site by paying a membership is a bit weak now. We're all supporting the site now whether we have a membership or not by viewing ads. Honda apparently thinks that this is a good place to advertise their CR-V....
yeah LA boy seems to think im slacking off. i actually had no idea people would pay for this website. what for?

reminds me of all these old idiots who got pissed off when the golf membership they paid for was offered for 75% less.
Old 06-29-2018 | 03:06 PM
Randy M
Drifting

yeah LA boy seems to think im slacking off. i actually had no idea people would pay for this website. what for?

reminds me of all these old idiots who got pissed off when the golf membership they paid for was offered for 75% less.
I used to get hammered for not having a membership way back then. We had these exclusive idiots who created HWFM in which they pretty much ran the place like Judge Smails at Bushwood CC lol. They're probably all in rest homes now holding drool cups.
Old 06-29-2018 | 03:39 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

^this.

Quick Reply: Avoiding Sales Tax on Cars