Sponsored by:

Remus Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 11:36 PM
eroc0808
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Remus Exhaust

Anybody have any first hand experience with the remus setup for the 991.1 3.8? Its no longer on their site...discontinued possibly?? Whats the sound like? Fitment quality? Any vid's of one ripping? right now I'm running a side muffler delete and I actually don't think its as loud as everyone says it is. I like that its louder down lower rpms but I want to change it up and really like the look of the remus...and its side muff delete as well. Any input greatly appreciated thanks guys...and gals!
Old 07-21-2018, 07:35 PM
eroc0808
Advanced

Well no one gave any input....so I decided I'd give Remus a go anyway. First of all the craftsmanship is very good, welds are clean, and finish is great. I've installed tons of exhaust systems in my lifetime and this is probably the best fitting I've ever installed. Zero issues fitting it, slid right on and everything lined up absolutely perfect, and i'm an **** SOB when it comes to customizing and aftermarket parts. Dare I say it fits better than OEM. The tips have just the right amount of reveal in the bumper and they are not overly wide, just a tad larger than OEM, and sit in the cutouts 100% perfectly symmetrical from one side to the next. Couldn't be happier with the fitment! On to the sound, as I said in above post I already had a side muffler delete, which fit like crap by the way, and it was fairly loud. I was expecting the Remus to be equally as loud but to my surprise it wasn't. It sounds amazing to my ears. The exhaust volume is fairly linear across the RPM range and not like its on or off like some of the Xpipe kits. I have a 991.1 C4S without PSE so no exhaust button but still uses valves. At idle and up until valves change over it has a nice deep tone much louder than stock but not obnoxious. When the valves kick over the tone changes a bit to more exotic, but the volume doesn't really get a whole lot louder. A full throttle pull to redline sounds SO good! It's exactly what I was looking for. The question everyone wants to ask, Is there drone? With the windows down there is no drone, just glorious sound. With windows up there is a bit of drone in lower RPM's when engine is loaded, but again its not obnoxious. Personally for me, I think its a good amount of drone for a sports car, and I can certainly hold a conversation easily with a passenger. I didn't buy a 911 to drive around on business calls, I want to hear the car and feel a sports car needs a healthy exhaust presence. This exhaust solved everything I hated about the OEM system and also everything I hated about the side muffler delete. It shaved a bit of weight as it doesn't retain side mufflers, and my ears tell me its way faster even though my mind knows its not. So that is my opinion, I'm sure others will disagree but as long as I agree thats all that matters as I have to live with it. Cheers!

Old 07-21-2018, 07:45 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 416 Posts

Nice mod! Love the look of those pipes. My 991.1 C4S has the sport exhaust option but if it didn't, this would be the first mod to make.

Any before/after sound files/video?

Cheers.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:46 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Not quite the answer to your question, but I've got a Remus exhaust on my Macan & I'm very happy with it. It has a great growl at start-up, but isn't obnoxiously loud. Our GTS came with PSE, so there's been no need to change that out. The Hubster added a Kline exhaust to our 997 & that's got a good sound, too. Glad you're happy with your Remus. It looks good, too!
Old 07-21-2018, 08:22 PM
eroc0808
Advanced

Sorry no sound clips yet. My phone really doesn't do it justice. I'll be getting a good video done soon so I will post that up when its complete.

Quick Reply: Remus Exhaust