Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passager Radiator Fan On High Speed....Driver side off when car turned off

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 02:41 AM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Passager Radiator Fan On High Speed....Driver side off when car turned off

Good Day..
My passenger side radiator fan is on full blast for a minute or two after engine turned off in warm day....but the driver side not on. Both turn on when car is running and a/c is on so I know that there are not stuck because of rocks on the fan.... I do not know if there is a two stage speed and that the right fan is compensating for the left side. Not sure is this is a fan issue..... a controller issue.
If anyone had a similar experience, I would love to hear from you.
BTW...I have no overheating issues and the A/C is nice a cool.....just a loud high speed fan on the passenger side after shutting car off and no fan on driver side.
Thanks in advance...
Abe

Last edited by abe; 06-14-2018 at 03:49 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:29 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

To clarify, you are not referring to engine bay fans, correct?

Its been very hot here in Houston this year. Like 100 plus with high humidity. I’ve never had my front fans run after the car is shut off. Ever, that I can remember.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:16 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

I had this occur with my 997.2. In my case it was the fan controller. In other 997.2 and 991.1 posts it sometimes occurs due to either a failed fan or simply a piece of gravel being caught between the fan and the housing and is jamming the fan (clearly not the problem in your case).

Apparently when fan controller detects one fan not working properly, it compensates by turning the other fan on full blast. Like you have noticed it is easy to tell when this problem has occurred, you get a big blast of air and a roar coming from one front wheel fender wheel and not the other,

In my case the dealer replaced the fan controller under warranty. If the car is still under warranty, all the posts I've seen said the dealer took care of it under warranty regardless of the cause.

Quick Reply: Passager Radiator Fan On High Speed....Driver side off when car turned off