Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 991 C2S PDK PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 06:24 PM
SG1214
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont mean to bring this back from dead but did want to update everyone that Porsche wants to replace the pdk in my C2S, out of warranty but it looks like they are gonna be picking up the bill, Im already working out a trade in with my dealership for a 7spd manual car.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:03 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by SG1214
Dont mean to bring this back from dead but did want to update everyone that Porsche wants to replace the pdk in my C2S, out of warranty but it looks like they are gonna be picking up the bill, Im already working out a trade in with my dealership for a 7spd manual car.
I am very happy that you updated us. All too often folks have an issue, we try to help and never hear about the conclusion. Great news, PAG and PCNA stepped up as they should. If these transmissions break and can't be fixed, then the plug and play SHOULD be on their dime.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:44 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,284 Likes on 770 Posts

Glad it's working out for you, which model are you looking at?
Old 06-15-2018, 09:33 PM
SG1214
Advanced

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
I am very happy that you updated us. All too often folks have an issue, we try to help and never hear about the conclusion. Great news, PAG and PCNA stepped up as they should. If these transmissions break and can't be fixed, then the plug and play SHOULD be on their dime.
I agree 100% No car should have a transmission failure at 32k miles, especially one this expensive, I told my dealer if the repair wasnt good willed that It would be my last purchase. This was my first Porsche I bought it when I was 25, I guess the dealership and PCNA didnt want to lose a potential lifelong customer over an 11k repair bill.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:35 PM
SG1214
Advanced

Originally Posted by tse
Glad it's working out for you, which model are you looking at?
Im heading in tomorrow to look at the New Carrera T, but what is most likely gonn happen is im waiting for a 2014-2015 C4S or C2S to pop up with CPO and of course a 7spd manuat at my dealership. They had about 3 cars I was gonna choose between tomorrow, but they all sold this week!
Old 07-09-2018, 11:07 PM
SG1214
Advanced

Hello all,

Dont mean to bring this thread back from the dead but would like to update everyone on the situation. I just got my car back today with a new pdk, Porsche NA was kind enough to offer me an extremely generous goodwill package, I signed paperwork agreeing that I couldnt speak about the terms of the goodwill so i would like to respect their wishes. My dealer stepped up in a very big way and so did PCNA. I did want to let everyone know that PCNA DOES look out for their customers and that they are smart considering this was my first P Car and I was 25 when I bought it, they understand the concept of customer retention and that is extremely important in any business, especially the luxury sports car segment. Thank you again PCNA, If anyone wants info on the dealer I worked with dont hesitate to message me!
The following users liked this post:
BSO (07-31-2020)
Old 07-09-2018, 11:39 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Awesome news, I pray I never have to ask for a good will repair, but I am glad it worked out for you.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:44 PM
SG1214
Advanced

Originally Posted by titan7
Awesome news, I pray I never have to ask for a good will repair, but I am glad it worked out for you.
Thank you, yes I dont wish it on anyone it was a long process and a ton of back and forth, but thankfulky it worked out.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:25 AM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

So you kept the car versus trading it in? I’m glad it worked out. Chances are the 1st PDK Just had some
small glitch but even the dealerships don’t have ALL the diagnostic tools to understsnd what is wrong with such a complex piece of machinery! 15 months ago I had the “dreaded stumble” after I paid about $16k for the X51 Kit and installation! They looked at replacing my PDK then too. I did get a fluid change in their warranty trouble shooting (both clutch oil and trans). It turned out to be a wiring harmess on a COV was mismatched! Never had another problem! “Most things I worry about never happen anyway”! Tom Petty.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:00 PM
SG1214
Advanced

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
So you kept the car versus trading it in? I’m glad it worked out. Chances are the 1st PDK Just had some
small glitch but even the dealerships don’t have ALL the diagnostic tools to understsnd what is wrong with such a complex piece of machinery! 15 months ago I had the “dreaded stumble” after I paid about $16k for the X51 Kit and installation! They looked at replacing my PDK then too. I did get a fluid change in their warranty trouble shooting (both clutch oil and trans). It turned out to be a wiring harmess on a COV was mismatched! Never had another problem! “Most things I worry about never happen anyway”! Tom Petty.
Yes I will keep it for now! Im hoping its just a fluke, even though Im advised the new transmission does have a 2 year/unlimited mile warranty on it.
Unfortunatley my fix wasnt as easy as yours, the dealer ran through the same process you did and they still got error codes and car would keep going into limp mode at normal operating temps!
Old 07-20-2020, 01:19 AM
IDRINKV8
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

Quick update guys

Car still not throwing any codes and only seems to not work when its warm as usual. COV are fine and battery voltage is normal, still working on it, looks like a cooling issue according to the tech.
Your symptoms are just like mine before all hell broke. PDK is going out, looks like early signs
Old 07-20-2020, 06:00 PM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 364 Likes on 224 Posts

Hello all,

I recently had an issue with my 991, it started last sunday, I get in take her out for a spin and boom, check engine light with an engine control fault. I make my way to a friends house who has a scanner and poof, fault dissapears.

Fast forward to Tuesday, I get home from work, get in, take the car out and about 15 min into my drive Im hit with not only the engine control fault, but the infamous, "Trans fault R not Poss' warning that us PDK owners know too much about.
I pull off to side of road, turn car off and back on and it dissapears, I head to the gas station put some gas and head back out, with no faults on dash, head to autozone to grab some supplies. I made it to autozone, head in fir a few min then come back out get onto the road and BOOM, all 3 faults come back and car will not operate, luckily I get her into a parking lot and call for a tow.

Car is flatbedded to the dealership I purchased it from, they get it, no faults so they take it for a spin and get stuck when the car gets up to operating temp. The tech told me he could find no codes of any sort, and the car only misbehaves and stops when it gets warm.

My question is, is it possible that I dont need a new PDK and it maybe a temperature sensor or radiator fan malfunction that is causing this since the codes only appear when the car gets hot? And to add to all this, my CPO expried in February so I might be footing the bill if she needs a new PDK! I am not happy about this as my car is a 2012 C2S I got her with 21k in Jan 17 and as of today she has about 33k on her, no track time, some aggressive driving here and there and about 2-3 launches IF THAT.

I would appreciate any opinions guys, thank you all!
Did I own that 991.1 S Last? Because sounds like my old car and a tracked the hell out of it.... Jk

Look at battery and COV's

Also trans cooler
Old 07-31-2020, 02:30 AM
IDRINKV8
Instructor

VarioCam Lift Valve Solenoid was the culprit, picking the car on Tuesday
Old 08-07-2020, 11:52 PM
IDRINKV8
Instructor

If I need a new PDK dealer said they will try and have porsche good will me a PDK replacement as Im about
4 months out of warranty, If I dont like what I hear from them I am gonna have it taken to an indy shop to be repaired.
I was in the same boat 2.months ago in a 2012 C2s 991.1... Your service advisor has the influence to help you, search for my thread has all the updates.

Quick Reply: 2012 991 C2S PDK PROBLEM