Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member of the Targa family

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 12:24 PM
uury
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nope. That giant glass window in the back makes for great rear-facing visibility, and the side mirrors have been fine for anything that doesn't catch. I have LCA, and barely use it.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:01 PM
vipertom 1970
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks, I feel better now. Are you planning to add a bug screen per post #28 ?
Old 06-20-2018, 01:02 PM
uury
Advanced

Absolutely. In 2 weeks of driving, I've found all kinds of stuff in there. I plan to have the grill screens waiting when it gets off the boat.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:12 PM
uury
Advanced

Wow, PAG does not mess around. I dropped the car off on 22-June, and it left Emden on 3-Jul. Current Davisville ETA of 12-Jul. At this rate, I might actually have it in my hands in less than a month.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:28 AM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

GREAT CAR!!!!! I LOVE THE TARGA!!! Enjoy
Old 07-06-2018, 01:44 AM
Randall 991.2
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vipertom 1970
Does the Targa bar present a problem with blind spot. Stupid me did not order the Lane change assist for only additional $800 and now is too late.
My Panamera has LCA it and I like it very much, however my Targa 4 GTS doesn't and I really miss it. For some reason I've been surprised a couple of times by a car coming up on the left and the bar blocks it for a split second... maybe something to do with my seat position (?) since the OP doesn't have it or seem to need it. If I were ordering I would get it... just that extra measure of security when making a lane change.

r
Old 07-06-2018, 10:20 AM
uury
Advanced

Originally Posted by Randall 991.2
My Panamera has LCA it and I like it very much, however my Targa 4 GTS doesn't and I really miss it. For some reason I've been surprised a couple of times by a car coming up on the left and the bar blocks it for a split second... maybe something to do with my seat position (?) since the OP doesn't have it or seem to need it. If I were ordering I would get it... just that extra measure of security when making a lane change.

r
I actually do have it, I just didn't use it much during the ED trip. Most of the driving was on back roads or twisties of the alpine variety, and if someone was trying to pass me, I could generally hear their exhaust note coming.

I had it on my last car (an S8) and found it useful, and because the GTS will be spending at least some amount of time in Northern Virginia traffic, I ordered it on this car as well.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:28 PM
uury
Advanced

It arrived on the Goodwood in Davisville early this morning! Now to continue driving myself crazy waiting for it to arrive in the DC area...
Old 07-15-2018, 11:57 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Good choice if I may say so. My wife and I were talking today about getting an place for a few weeks in the fall in your area, if the Targa I have on order arrives in time, but if not next fall for sure...great roads in the DC metro area (especially compared to here in FL).
Old 07-16-2018, 09:15 AM
uury
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Good choice if I may say so. My wife and I were talking today about getting an place for a few weeks in the fall in your area, if the Targa I have on order arrives in time, but if not next fall for sure...great roads in the DC metro area (especially compared to here in FL).
Thanks! Happy to provide local driving road recommendations if your plans work out. And congrats on the Targa! How did you spec it?
Old 07-16-2018, 09:48 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

We lived in Port Tobacco MD for 15 years before we moved to FL and we had motorcycles along with the sports cars so we know the roads well!

I am getting a Miami Blue Targa 4S with more options that I thought I would wind up with...pics to come after it arrives in October.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:50 AM
uury
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
We lived in Port Tobacco MD for 15 years before we moved to FL and we had motorcycles along with the sports cars so we know the roads well!

I am getting a Miami Blue Targa 4S with more options that I thought I would wind up with...pics to come after it arrives in October.
Awesome! Can't wait to see it. I also sympathize with you on the options front. Never in my life did I expect to agonize over things like deviated stitching...
Old 07-21-2018, 12:17 AM
uury
Advanced

It's here! And has survived sailing through Hurricane Chris, according to my SA. Picking it up early next week after it's PDI'd. SO EXCITED!
Old 07-21-2018, 10:23 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Looking forward to the pics real soon!
Old 07-28-2018, 01:35 PM
kwrudy123
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Just took delivery of my Night Blue Metallic Targa 4 GTS

Originally Posted by uury
The day finally came, and I picked this, my first 911, up in Zuffenhausen yesterday. It was a very cool coincidence to have managed to schedule ED on Porsche's 70th anniversary, to the day. Zuffenhausen was a beehive of activity, and the new delivery center in Werk 1 is beautiful. If any of you are in the bubble about doing ED, do it. I've got two weeks of alpine roads to go and contend with, but so far, this is one of the most rewarding life experiences I've ever had. The fact that I am absolutely in love with this car doesn't hurt.
Great looking car! Congrats! I just picked up my NBM Targa 4 GTS and love it. Added PCCB and a decal to give it some bling. Also added full alcantera interior, carbon fiber steering wheel, leather wrapped steering column, Sports Design spoiler, LED headlights too.

Quick Reply: New member of the Targa family