Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 Carrera, Carrera S, and Carrera GTS Accessport Power Gains!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 05:53 PM
COBB Tuning
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 185 Likes on 94 Posts
Default 991.2 Carrera, Carrera S, and Carrera GTS Accessport Power Gains!!!!!

Hey everyone! We are super excited to finally start talking about a release date for the 991.2 Carrera and Turbo/Turbo S. Next week we plan to share some information about how the process will work, as it is different from anything we've traditionally done. For now, let's talk about power gains! Below are a few charts to give you an idea of what type of power gains to expect with the 991.2 Carrera, Carrera S, and Carrera GTS. For a bit more information, head over to the COBB Blog.

991.2 Power Gains with Accessport Tuning

Once again, for more information head on over to the COBB Blog : https://www.cobbtuning.com/porsche-9...ssport-tuning/

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM | GRANT | HJ | ANDREW | JARED
COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE |CONTACT US

Old 12-04-2018, 10:26 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Sorry, wrong thread.

Last edited by Bobby 911; 12-04-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:32 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Hey everyone! We are super excited to finally start talking about a release date for the 991.2 Carrera and Turbo/Turbo S. Next week we plan to share some information about how the process will work, as it is different from anything we've traditionally done. For now, let's talk about power gains! Below are a few charts to give you an idea of what type of power gains to expect with the 991.2 Carrera, Carrera S, and Carrera GTS. For a bit more information, head over to the COBB Blog.

Once again, for more information head on over to the COBB Blog : https://www.cobbtuning.com/porsche-9...ssport-tuning/
Charts for 91? We don't have access to 93 octane here on the left coast.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:19 PM
good2go
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning

can you put a GTS tune on an S with the PowerKit?
Old 12-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

You guys are talking to yourselves. This is an old thread that was bumped showing an ancient tune.

Cobb doesn't comment or answer questions actively here.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:22 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go
can you put a GTS tune on an S with the PowerKit?
Of course. An S with factory or dealer-installed PowerKit has the same engine and ECU program as a GTS engine. From a drivetrain standpoint there is no difference between a PowerKit S and a GTS. .

Last edited by PCA1983; 12-05-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:11 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,190 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
You guys are talking to yourselves. This is an old thread that was bumped showing an ancient tune.

Cobb doesn't comment or answer questions actively here.
Yeah, this was Stage I. Stage II has been released for the Base and Carrera S, but not GTS as yet. We are being punished for hounding them. I've custom tuned many cars, the worst took two days, but most were just half a day.

There is no guy working tirelessly for months on this tune.

Step 1. Borrow a Stage 1 car, that has Headers and sports cats bolted to it, and maybe a BMC air filter and or IPD plenum.
Step 2. Strap to dyno.
Step 3. Adjust timing and boost, and A/F ratio's.
Step 4. Take for a drive and do some data logs.

Can all be done in a day.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Yeah, this was Stage I. Stage II has been released for the Base and Carrera S, but not GTS as yet. We are being punished for hounding them. I've custom tuned many cars, the worst took two days, but most were just half a day.

There is no guy working tirelessly for months on this tune.

Step 1. Borrow a Stage 1 car, that has Headers and sports cats bolted to it, and maybe a BMC air filter and or IPD plenum.
Step 2. Strap to dyno.
Step 3. Adjust timing and boost, and A/F ratio's.
Step 4. Take for a drive and do some data logs.

Can all be done in a day.
Are the stage 2 maps for the base and S downloadable for use? I haven't seen any reviews or comments on it other than the map notes I found on cobb's website showing the dyno charts and all.. I don't think Cobb has made an official release announcement for the stage 2 on the Carrera.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:52 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Are the stage 2 maps for the base and S downloadable for use? I haven't seen any reviews or comments on it other than the map notes I found on cobb's website showing the dyno charts and all.. I don't think Cobb has made an official release announcement for the stage 2 on the Carrera.
I was on the site the other day. I was upgrading my firmware. I was sure I saw the download for C and CS, but not ours. I could be mistaken?

Maybe the C and CS guys are too conservative and don't mod, and are fine with just Stage 1 or Stock?

I saw this whilst looking at Stage 2 Map Availability:
Old 12-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Yeah I noticed that too.

Perhaps they're finished with the base and S and are working on the GTS. Once they're done with that they'll do a blanket release for all 3.

Reacher, where you at? Has Cobb finished testing on your mule?
Old 12-05-2018, 04:24 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah I noticed that too.

Perhaps they're finished with the base and S and are working on the GTS. Once they're done with that they'll do a blanket release for all 3.

Reacher, where you at? Has Cobb finished testing on your mule?
They are working on it so I'm sure they'll have something very soon. I haven't worked with them before this but they seem like a group of great guys, and it seemed like they want to get this wrapped up and released.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:11 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reacher
They are working on it so I'm sure they'll have something very soon. I haven't worked with them before this but they seem like a group of great guys, and it seemed like they want to get this wrapped up and released.
I'm really disappointed. Back in August they were saying SOON. Then it was, "Should be end of October or Early November." We are chewing up December. Everyone will be breaking for Xmas shortly.

Soon doesn't seem to be the correct word. In August it should have been, hopefully by the end of the year. Even that is looking unlikely.

You have Akra Cats and Cans, do you have headers?
Old 12-06-2018, 11:25 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm really disappointed. Back in August they were saying SOON. Then it was, "Should be end of October or Early November." We are chewing up December. Everyone will be breaking for Xmas shortly.

Soon doesn't seem to be the correct word. In August it should have been, hopefully by the end of the year. Even that is looking unlikely.

Ive been checking every day for weeks. I just posted the same thing in the other thread. Disappointing is the right word.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:31 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ///M3THOD
Ive been checking every day for weeks. I just posted the same thing in the other thread. Disappointing is the right word.
All I want for Xmas is Pro-tuning and my Akra cats to arrive on time.

I even updated my firmware the other day, for no other reason than I was spending time on their site.

Racing this Sunday. Would have been sweet to have stage II. Will do some data logs, with 2 gallons of E85. I don't want to do more than that until I see the trims.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:05 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't have headers. And yeah I'm not sure why things take so long with them in general. That's why I went with another tune initially. I'm impatient and when other options are available I'll go with that.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Carrera, Carrera S, and Carrera GTS Accessport Power Gains!!!!!