Sponsored by:

Entry and Drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 02:23 PM
vwduud
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Entry and Drive

With this feature, what all activates or initializes when your hand gets close enough to the driver’s side exterior door handle?

In addition to hearing the doors unlock, I hear “other” mechanical operations.

Within the last few weeks, I’m starting to hear a short screeching sound, as if a component is lacking lubrication or possibly beginning to fail.

Typical only makes this noise noise when I’m entering the vehicle in the morning after it sat up over night.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:30 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 432 Posts

Hummmm..... I would think with the car coming alive the short sound might be the fuel pump priming when you open the door.

Your seat should have already been slid back and the steering wheel should have been out of the way slightly when you last drove the car.

Lights and other stuff tuning on you might hear the ballast's start to hum.

I'll have to pay attention next time I drive my car to give a better answer.

Upon parking and locking I have one mirror that will let out a screech once in a while.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:11 PM
HD2pct
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vwduud
With this feature, what all activates or initializes when your hand gets close enough to the driver’s side exterior door handle?

In addition to hearing the doors unlock, I hear “other” mechanical operations.

Within the last few weeks, I’m starting to hear a short screeching sound, as if a component is lacking lubrication or possibly beginning to fail.

Typical only makes this noise noise when I’m entering the vehicle in the morning after it sat up over night.
It's not your "hand" - it's the fob.

As for noise, where do you hear it and when? It wouldn't be the mirror. Depending on your settings, it would be the seat or the steering wheel. You should easily be able to distinguish. Obviously neither would be normal
Old 06-10-2018, 11:57 AM
vwduud
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HD2pct
It's not your "hand" - it's the fob...
Old 06-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Is the sound occur exactly when you sit down in the car? I know that my parking brake "re-tightens" when I sit down in the car if it has been sitting for a few days. Happens when I get in the car and cause some movement.

Quick Reply: Entry and Drive