991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for T owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018 | 09:35 AM
usmcav8or
Cruisin'

Thanks, the direct comparison to the 991 GTS is very helpful, and I'm therefore inferring that the T is really not much different than any other 991.2, which is good to hear (pun intended). In all the many reviews I've read on the Carrera T, there seems to be a big range of descriptors when it comes to cabin noise, one reviewer said he could barely hold a conversation at highway speeds, yet others say they could barely hear a difference to the base Carrera. During my short test drive I didn't focus on the cabin noise so much, because at that time I had not realized that Porsche deleted some of the sound insulation, and I was trying to take in the other aspects of the car on the 3 mile loop the dealer uses for tests. I'm currently driving a Cayman S (981) and that is about as loud of a car as I want to own for a DD. When I did drive the T, it seemed about like my 981, but it was a different character of sound than either the 981 or the 997. It's hard to draw conclusions on something like this without spending some significant time behind the wheel in a variety of circumstances, so I appreciate all the opinions.
Old 06-06-2018 | 12:32 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

I'd say that the T will not be noticeably louder than your 981 Cayman S, bearing in mind with a Cayman, the engine is closer to your head than the engine in a 911 is.

Quick Reply: Question for T owners