Sponsored by:

Default Settings on Start-Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 08:33 AM
Peter80
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Default Settings on Start-Up

Just traded my 718 Boxster S for a 991.2 Carrera S. On start-up, the air con comes on as default and I have to manually turn off. Also, in the multi-function display, it defaults to Vehicle Information so I have to manually change it to my preferred Trip Computer. Previous cars always defaulted to Air Con Off and Trip Computer when starting up. Anyone advise me please on how to change these settings. I thought I could set up as such using the seat memory package but doesn't seem to workt. Think I'm a bit thick.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:51 AM
2000se
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

AirCond. can't change from what I've heard. Something about a safety thing or something..My does the same.

For all the rest, start your car and set everything as you would like. Once done, press the memory button then release, then press the number 1 (or 2) on the door beside the memory button. Then immediately after that, press the memory button again and then press the key button.

That set the car to driver 1 (or 2) and to also set the car like this to the key you were using.

Also - go into the vehicle settings, and turn off the 'auto-memory'...that feature stores the cars settings as you left it when you turned it off. Sometimes if you turn the radio off then turn the car off, with that setting it will remember the radio off when you crank the next time.

I hope I made sense..if not just keep asking..But the aircond. has to at least come on...you can set it to come on how you like (A/C button off Temp to 68 etc..) but it at least has to come on..
Old 06-02-2018, 09:17 AM
Peter80
Instructor

Many thanks. Think may have cracked getting the Trip as default by following through with the key setting as per your instructions above. It also sorted the air con default to off I thought (twice I tried it), then I started it again and it was on again as 'Auto'. Tried again with Auto off and just Synch displayed and stayed turned off so we shall see over time. When I say 'off', I only mean and want button red light off for cooling, not the whole system with temperature left displayed and fan on notch 2 etc.

Also, when you say go into vehicle settings you mean the Car button under PCM and then vehicle settings on PCM? I can't seem to find 'auto-memory'!
Old 06-02-2018, 04:48 PM
venom914
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would the memory settings on the door also remember the radio settings as well?

Basically, when crank over and get into the car it defaults to the FM radio popping up which is annoying to me. Would rather have it auto search for my Bluetooth on start up if possible. I have been messing around with different setting and searching owner's manual for a bit now and have come up with nothing.

Peter80, auto memory may be through the gauge cluster, not to sure for certain though as I am sitting at my desk at the moment.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:15 PM
Peter80
Instructor

No idea, may be different in UK. We have FM and DAB (digital). Mine always reverts to my last digital station when I crank up. Previous 718 didn't have seat memory on door but always reverted to previous station anyway.
Right, I'll see if I can figure out settings direct from cluster.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:48 PM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Strange, my AC settings are configured to my key. Eg I want it off by default and after set key it’s always off unless I want it on (even when my startup is on auto temp).

2018 991.2 gts.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:16 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

DK. Tried everything to have the air not come in on my 17 Cab S. Saved setting to both keys, seats etc. spoke to dealer said it was impossible to not have it come on upon start up. Safety feature.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Peter80
Instructor

Any idea why a safety issue?
Old 06-09-2018, 04:52 PM
venom914
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have tried to store my volume settings using the seat memory 1,2,and 3 on the door but every time I hop back in, volume is still up and defaults to FM radio. Can anyone help remedy this? Would prefer to have it auto search for BT or at least be set to a lower volume and Sirius XM radio or something other than FM. Will give another read into the owner's manual and see what I can come up with

Quick Reply: Default Settings on Start-Up