Sponsored by:

PPF in LA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 12:36 AM
Tony Okungbowa
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracking down Bain Mendoza

Hi there I am trying to track down Bain Mendoza to work on my car, do you happen to have his contact info

Thanks in advance
Tony

Originally Posted by mreloc
Thanks for the input. I checked in with Moe and have left a message for Evan at Pacific Auto Films (is he even in business any longer?) - emails bounce and there is no website. I left him a voicemail.. I also was able to get a reply from Bain Mendoza from Doza Designs- he was highly regarded a couple of years ago on Rennlist, and he still seems to be doing some high end work at some of the exotic dealerships around here.

Moe quotes about $1K higher than Bain, his perfectionism and reputation is definitely to be respected, and he's probably worth the extra coin. They both use bulk material, Suntek Ultra, they both disassemble to wrap. Surprised that Moe stated that he would be filming the headlights- that's been known to cause some problems on 991 headlights down the line from reading on here. A nod to Bain for pointing that out to me on his own without me having to bring it up. Bain will also travel to me, so I have that piece of mind of being able to walk out to the garage and bug him if I want to.

Would love to hear back from Evan to see what he has to say, but am leaning toward Bain Mendoza. Like a couple others have pointed out- my car is a daily driver and I mainly want the protection factor without it being a hack job. If the PPF gets damaged, I'd rather replace it a couple of times knowing I didn't waste a fortune on it.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:37 AM
Tony Okungbowa
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy to go there but they don't respond. BTW how long did it take to get it done?
Old 04-23-2021, 01:48 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts

PPF? What the heck is this?

Quick Reply: PPF in LA?