Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buzzing sound from dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018 | 01:31 PM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Default Buzzing sound from dashboard

Brief question - I hope. I have a 2018 911 C4GTS with a manual gearbox. I have noticed that periodically on ignition there is a buzzing/rapid rattling noise that appears to originate from my dashboard or center console (hard to pin-point). It is never on the initial ignition of the day - there hasn't been any buzzing on the first start-up. Instead, periodically on the second or later start-up of the day (e.g., when I start the car following fuel fill-up or when returning to the car after an hour or so). It doesn't appear to be temperature specific, since I have periodically heard this buzzing on both cold and hot/humid days. I thought it was coming from the stopwatch, but this isn't the case.

I tried to record the sound but its unpredictability and it's brevity (only about 2 seconds), I haven't been able to. Has anyone experienced this and been able to find-out what this noise is? Any guidance is appreciated.

Best.
Old 05-29-2018 | 06:57 PM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Answering my own post. I discovered that it was the driver’s seat when moving on ignition that is making the buzzing noise. I sprayed some lithium grease on the seat rails and on the threads of screw driven drive; no more buzzing.

So relieved to solve the issue.
Old 05-29-2018 | 07:02 PM
LexVan
Banned

Glad you solved this. Be careful, you don't want grease stains on your carpet.

Quick Reply: Buzzing sound from dashboard