Sponsored by:

Targa GTS question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 09:13 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
When you edit a thread the forum indicates so. "Last edited by Andial; Today at 06:26 PM."
You corrected the spelling, now breaking is correctly spelled as braking..
Here on the East Coast this is called being busted. You got busted kid.. Better off just coming clean that you misspelled a word like I did, now your just a straight poser.

"I dont mind scraping". I love that one. I mean who minds scraping? Scraping is cool. Everybody loves scraping their spoilers, I mean scraping is the best..
Of course, Porsche designed FAL for easier loading and unloading on/off car carriers as this is something we all must do frequently. I should have consulted with you before getting FAL. My bad.
I didn't correct the spelling which was right in the first place. I went back to read my post w/o distractions using the edit function. It is impossible to scrape your spoiler w/ or w/o FAL. We are both on the East Coast, and I'm not the poser here. I don't even feel comfortable driving a Porsche publicly due to the attention it gets. No worries. I will help you next time.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:52 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial
I didn't correct the spelling which was right in the first place. I went back to read my post w/o distractions using the edit function. It is impossible to scrape your spoiler w/ or w/o FAL. We are both on the East Coast, and I'm not the poser here. I don't even feel comfortable driving a Porsche publicly due to the attention it gets. No worries. I will help you next time.
A non-GT Porsche gets attention? That's a new one.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:08 AM
GT325
Pro

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Andial
You absolutely wrote "breaking" I read your post before you edited it and had a chuckle at it. Stones and glass houses.....
Old 05-26-2018, 02:48 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by reacher
A non-GT Porsche gets attention? That's a new one.
Not really. A Porsche stands out more than the equivalent Mercedes-Benz.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:49 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
You absolutely wrote "breaking" I read your post before you edited it and had a chuckle at it. Stones and glass houses.....
I doubt it. Just look at your username. I am no hypocrite, nor would I throw stones, or live in a glass house.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:54 AM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE=JAM2;15033128]
Yup, Diggin the targa with all of the “excessive” options; PTS, PCCB, PDCC, RWS, FAL, CXX, ETC. I drove a 2016 without Pdcc, and the extra weight was noticeable to me. Pdcc does make a difference.

Pccb are a great option option because they should last pretty long and fill out the wheel opening nicely, and no brake dust is a huge benefit. This is my 4th car w PCCB since I made the switch.

One of my thoughts before ordering my 4GTS was choosing night blue metallic but I thought it was too dark. The color of your Targa is very very nice and should I assume it is a PTS color? If I had gone blue I would have the PCCB, black leather yellow seat belts, gauges and stitching. Like your seats choices as well. Nice car! Doug
Old 05-27-2018, 10:31 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

Meerblau Blue is a PTS color and one of the nicest blues you will ever see. The owner of the Dealership where I purchased my car has a GT3 in Meerblau and it is spectacular.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:41 PM
Andial
Banned

Meerblau Blue is a PTS color and one of the nicest blues you will ever see. The owner of the Dealership where I purchased my car has a GT3 in Meerblau and it is spectacular.
I love Deep Sea Blue Blue. I like the 4.0 in Meerblau.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:14 PM
achtung6
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
FAL is not necessary on a Targa.
I would say that this depends on where you live. If you will be driving the car anywhere there is a significant dip in the transitions between driveways and the street then FAL is awesome to have. This is the feature I feel my car is lacking. I often find myself having to enter/exit driveways at very odd angles to avoid scraping the front of the car. I say, if you can afford the cost of this feature and are **** about not scraping your new baby, get FAL.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:08 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by achtung6
I would say that this depends on where you live. If you will be driving the car anywhere there is a significant dip in the transitions between driveways and the street then FAL is awesome to have. This is the feature I feel my car is lacking. I often find myself having to enter/exit driveways at very odd angles to avoid scraping the front of the car. I say, if you can afford the cost of this feature and are **** about not scraping your new baby, get FAL.
I was initially worried about not having the FAL on my GTS cab, because I had to use it all the time on my GT3. Maybe I've been lucky with where I live, because I've actually not scraped once with the GTS nor felt like I've had to avoid anything to prevent scraping. I'm pretty surprised to be honest. Do you have a 991.2 or a 991.1?
Old 05-27-2018, 07:35 PM
drgek
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

As is commonly said, opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one. So here's mine:
  1. PCCBs *will* wear out if you track the car but otherwise should be good for life. I've had them on an F430 and 599 GTB. I don't have them on my '18 Targa GTS. I would have preferred the yellow brake calipers but they're outrageously expensive and to me not worth it. Plus, I seem to recall some discussion on here of stones getting caught up and scoring the wheels of cars with the PCCBs.
  2. RWS is great. A true must-have.
  3. If you listen to DVD-quality audio the Burmester might be nice. My source files are what's typically downloaded from iTunes. For me, the Bose was fine.
  4. Center locks look nice but at times I wish I hadn't specced them out. I'd never try and take them off myself anyway so I'm not sure the reason for my anxiety.
  5. Painted side skirts and rear diffuser make the car look more finished
  6. Steering wheel column in leather is nice even without contrasting stitching.
  7. I had Alcantara in an Audi S5 years ago. It creases in the seats with use and looks like crap. I'd never order a car with it again.
Don't let others' "must haves" define yours. The joy of ordering new is personalizing to your own tastes. Few on here have an unlimited budget and at some juncture draw the line on the pricing of these options. $2400 (I think) just to get black trim around the headlamps was probably the silliest thing I ordered, but I do like the way it looks. Good luck.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:30 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

DRGEK:
Funny how the opinions of actual owners differ from those who don't own a GTS.
I agree that the PCCB is expensive, but it seems others feel it is not. Go figure..

Your views on the options seem to be in line with mine about Alcantara, PCCB and RWS
Old 05-27-2018, 11:50 PM
vipertom 1970
Instructor

I have done more research the last couple days and now decided to pick all available performance options minus PDK. Thank you for all the input that got me thinking the last couple days, with Carmine red I will go with black top and black Targa roll bar. Anyone here thinks the black side and rear skirt look good in black with Carmine ?
Old 05-28-2018, 03:53 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 199 Posts

I have a Carmine Targa GTS with black top and black Targa roll bar and black side skirt and rear skirt, it looks great. I would question all the performance options, as this is not a track car, but more of a grand tourer. As a daily driver mine is fantastic. As for options, whenever I get a car I spec it like I am going to keep it forever, but usually flip after a few years. The longest I have ever kept a car was four years with my 458 Italia. I agonized over every little option on my Targa GTS and it came to around $190,000 CDN, most of the options I picked I don't even notice now (ex. Carbon fibre door sills, what was I thinking?).
Old 05-28-2018, 04:42 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

DRGEK:
Funny how the opinions of actual owners differ from those who don't own a GTS.
I agree that the PCCB is expensive, but it seems others feel it is not. Go figure..

Your views on the options seem to be in line with mine about Alcantara, PCCB and RWS
I agree with Dr Gek. Current GTS owner. Full leather and red brake calipers.

Vipertom - Good luck with your order; Targa GTS is an epically good looking, classy Porsche. I hope you enjoy it

Quick Reply: Targa GTS question