Old 05-15-2018, 05:58 PM
vwduud
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LionHart Tires

Anyone have any experience with these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-New-Lionh...gAAOSw6MNaS~ZE
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LIONHART-LH...QAAOSwggpZdmdZ

Last edited by vwduud; 05-16-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:04 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,375 Likes on 1,537 Posts

Perfect. Put a cheap Chinese tire on a Porsche. Your mother would be proud of you.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:08 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
Perfect. Put a cheap Chinese tire on a Porsche. Your mother would be proud of you.
It's a .1 targa

He doesn't need high performance tires for a heavy car with no power/torque. Sound is all that matters.

Plus, it's a lion's heart. Better than yours.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:10 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

The problem with Chinese tires is, after 2 hours, you are hungry again.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:13 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Nino
It's a .1 targa

He doesn't need high performance tires for a heavy car with no power/torque. Sound is all that matters.
Yes, sound of that loud tire roar. Nothing better to cover up the sound of your Porsche, perfect for a Targa so you can open things up and hear that brilliant sound.

Before working for HRE I had a few wheel/tire packages ordered with these tires. I'd stay away and buy a name brand tire. Michelins are worth the price if you ask me if that was the primary reason why you were looking at brands that aren't so popular.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:36 PM
vwduud
Instructor

Funny. If I want your opinion on why I drive a .1 targa, I'll message you personally. Or, you can go troll the many other 'heavy' targa threads on this forum. I could really care less what you think about what I drive and certainly don't care at all what you drive and why you bought it. That was not why I started this thread.

I too am a fan of the Michelins. Is what is on the car now. And is more than likely what I'll be putting back on it. In a Google search, the LionHarts came up. Was just curious if anyone has ANY real experience with them. What caught my attention was that they are all weather tires. Living in the south, I have little to no use for winter tires. An all weather tire fits us well down here, with slightly better wear characteristics.

So, go ahead. Bash me for owning a .1 targa. Bash me for asking a question. Or, if you do actually have something to contribute to the original question, please post your experiences.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:40 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Originally Posted by vwduud
Funny. If I want your opinion on why I drive a .1 targa, I'll message you personally. Or, you can go troll the many other 'heavy' targa threads on this forum. I could really care less what you think about what I drive and certainly don't care at all what you drive and why you bought it. That was not why I started this thread.

I too am a fan of the Michelins. Is what is on the car now. And is more than likely what I'll be putting back on it. In a Google search, the LionHarts came up. Was just curious if anyone has ANY real experience with them. What caught my attention was that they are all weather tires. Living in the south, I have little to no use for winter tires. An all weather tire fits us well down here, with slightly better wear characteristics.

So, go ahead. Bash me for owning a .1 targa. Bash me for asking a question. Or, if you do actually have something to contribute to the original question, please post your experiences.
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrRrRRrrrRrRrRrR.

Sorry, can't hear you through all that tire roar. Those LionHarts sure do roar like a lion though!

That visceral mechanical noise!
#targa lyfe.

You want real input? They are cheap-o junk tires for dealers like "German Auto Haus" or "Raul's Certified Benz, Bimmer, and Porsche" who sell beat up German cars from the auction to people with bad credit.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:41 PM
vwduud
Instructor

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrRrRRrrrRrRrRrR.

Sorry, can't hear you through all that tire roar. Those LionHarts sure do roar like a lion though!

That visceral mechanical noise though!
#targa lyfe.
Oh, so you've tried them?
Old 05-15-2018, 07:00 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,375 Likes on 1,537 Posts

Seriously I don't know of anyone with a 991 that would put a low-quality replacement tire on their car. You may have to try other marques such as the Subaru forum, where people are more on tight budgets and the STi crowd might buy them. It was designed as a replacement tire for the North American market so it would target that STi class of car. Tires are critical on a Porsche, that's not the place to try to save money.

Confession: I had an Aston Martin Vantage and wanted to change wheels. Bought a set of Ace Wheels made in China they looked great. - and super reviews on forums. Saved a lot of money. Took them to my pal Scott (in the tire biz) to install Pilot Sports on them and he calls me up and says "These are crap, we can't get them to balance because the wheels have high/low spots we can't correct with weights, part of the manufacturing process in a cast wheel that better makers know how to avoid". I told him to mount the tires up anyways and do the best he could. Put them on the Aston and I could feel the out--of -roundness on them. It wasn't severe, but it was there. Tolerated that for about 2 months then pulled them off and sold them. Replaced them with a set of HRE's.... now pal Scott called up and said "These HRE wheels are amazing, we have never seen a wheel run out so true and straight in all the years in business".

Quality costs money. I have HRE's on my 991 now, too. And Michelins.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:13 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,628 Posts

Do not put crap tires on your car. These are crap tires.

If you want all seasons, I would recommend several types, the Conti DWS06 being my favorite, but not sure about fitment. I have experience with those and they are excellent tires. And I doubt that unless you are tracking, that you will ever exceed their limits. They are very high performance rated for an All Season.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:22 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

It's a .1 targa

Plus, it's a lion's heart. Better than yours.

Guy asks a question about tires and you have to give some dumb *** comment?

At least he's smart enough to ask the questions before making a purchase than coming here after the fact like so many do.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:34 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Originally Posted by STG
Guy asks a question about tires and you have to give some dumb *** comment?

At least he's smart enough to ask the questions before making a purchase than coming here after the fact like so many do.
Yes.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Valvefloat991
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Cheap Chinese tires would seem like the wrong way to go. I wouldn't expore top speed with those meats on my car. On the other hand how much louder could they be than the stock tires? In fact, they are the first all-season tires I've seen in the stock sizes. I wouldn't be surprised if they were QUIETER than the stockers.

At that price, they might work for the always-drive-in-Sport+-but-never-exceed-the-speed-limit-by-more-than-10-mph crowd.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:21 AM
go.illini
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts

Well they're cheap enough for the OP to try out and give feedback on. It's a better option than making attacks for the model of car they own.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:40 AM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,277 Likes on 766 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
The problem with Chinese tires is, after 2 hours, you are hungry again.
For more rubber that is...

Quick Reply: LionHart Tires