Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I be concerned about this rattle?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 04:12 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Should I be concerned about this rattle?

My 991.1 has a rattle on the A-pillar that sounds like something is loose and is pretty loud as you can hear in the video. As far as I can tell it doesn't make noise when I'm driving and only rattles if you hit it. Since it doesn't make any noise that I can tell when I'm driving the dealer doesn't want to fix it.

I tried tapping on the same spot in other 911s in the dealership and on the passenger side and none of them make the same sound as with the driver's side A-pillar on my car.

Should I demand that the dealer fix it?
Attached Files
File Type: avi
Rattle.avi (3.74 MB, 57 views)
Old 05-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Sounds like one of the clips under the cover is loose. Should pop off easily if you want to inspect it.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:36 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Code
Sounds like one of the clips under the cover is loose. Should pop off easily if you want to inspect it.
Should it be a pretty easy fix then? I noticed on the invoice it said the clip was loose and they fixed it, but as you can tell from the video it's still rattling. It's back in the shop again and I'd like to understand exactly why they said it was fixed when it wasn't.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Yes, the fix should be very simple. Take a look at this thread, there are pictures of whats under the cover. Not a whole lot under there. https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...oval-info.html

Quick Reply: Should I be concerned about this rattle?