Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW Porsche CPO site BLOWS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018 | 05:07 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 993Mpls
I also noticed that attempting to sort by price (high to low) doesn't actually sort by price. It looks like it sorts by price by mileage from your location. I was curious what 2013-2015 Panamera would cost, and I couldn't sort lowest to highest.

Complete redesign fail.
Sounds like what someone mentioned above: they just want to push people to their local dealer, and make it tough to shop for the car with the options that are important to certain buyers. It is really sad: the P-car enthusiast community is extremely informed when it comes to what should be optioned on a car.
Old 05-25-2018 | 09:20 PM
Andial
Banned

Luckily the old site is still available in Canada.
Old 05-25-2018 | 10:55 PM
JEllis
Pro

Concur with everyone.... the new format is a big step back.
Old 05-26-2018 | 12:03 AM
n8kruger
Racer

PCNA Please fix this and make it work like the old one used to. You're making it harder for me to buy another car.
Old 05-26-2018 | 12:18 AM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Originally Posted by Rockcam
Clearly whoever put the requirements together was not a P car person....
Fixed your post for you.
Old 05-26-2018 | 12:30 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Honestly, no surprise here. Porsche isn’t exactly known for their stellar technology. Thankfully we don’t buy these cars for their cabin tech but based on how they integrate these systems and their apps, it’s no surprise they have no clue what they’re doing on the web.
Old 05-26-2018 | 02:47 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by k997
Honestly, no surprise here. Porsche isn’t exactly known for their stellar technology. Thankfully we don’t buy these cars for their cabin tech but based on how they integrate these systems and their apps, it’s no surprise they have no clue what they’re doing on the web.
Their cabin tech is one of the best on the market, but is unrelated to their web offerings.
Old 05-26-2018 | 07:28 PM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Originally Posted by Andial
Their cabin tech is one of the best on the market, but is unrelated to their web offerings.
Somehow, I suspect they outsource their web offerings. This CPO abortion has all the hallmarks of a cut-and-paste hack job.
Old 05-27-2018 | 01:24 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Obviously different departments. I’m making a point that they are not known for their tech offerings or abilities.

And sorry to say but definitely not one of the best in market. At best 3rd compared to Audi and BMW. Mercedes is pretty bad as well. Anyhow, doesn’t really matter since it doesn’t really detract from the real reason we are in the drivers seat.
Old 05-27-2018 | 08:55 AM
STG
Race Director

Porsche is very behind the times. One of the best on the market??
Old 05-27-2018 | 08:58 AM
STG
Race Director

I think PCNA prefers a bad search tool to keep you local versus shopping nationwide. Their goal is to have you stay local. They don't like guys shopping nationwide. Takes away the local dealer advantage.

They've tried enforcing and monitoring how far their cars are sold out of local markets. Not talking out of the country. Within the USA.
Old 05-27-2018 | 10:07 AM
Bemo
Drifting

Originally Posted by STG
I think PCNA prefers a bad search tool to keep you local versus shopping nationwide. Their goal is to have you stay local. They don't like guys shopping nationwide. Takes away the local dealer advantage.

They've tried enforcing and monitoring how far their cars are sold out of local markets. Not talking out of the country. Within the USA.
Interesting take here. We found our 911 on cars.com and proceeded to work directly with Suncoast. While the CPO site may prevent some from finding their car out of state, it won't stop those that are truly determined.
Old 05-27-2018 | 10:13 AM
tvad
Advanced

Originally Posted by STG
I think PCNA prefers a bad search tool to keep you local versus shopping nationwide. Their goal is to have you stay local. They don't like guys shopping nationwide. Takes away the local dealer advantage
^^^This. I was thinking the same.
Old 05-27-2018 | 10:28 AM
yashagrawal
Racer

Perhaps its a coincidence, that the site changed (for the worse), soon after I complained (tweeted) to Porsche that the old site needed to be updated. All I wanted were some additional options, eg PDLS+, LCA etc to be added. In anycase, I have complained @Porsche again...!
Old 05-27-2018 | 10:39 AM
goodmdo1
AutoX

Originally Posted by yashagrawal
Perhaps its a coincidence, that the site changed (for the worse), soon after I complained (tweeted) to Porsche that the old site needed to be updated. All I wanted were some additional options, eg PDLS+, LCA etc to be added. In anycase, I have complained @Porsche again...!
I agree the old site needed the ability to fine tune the specific options you were interested in. I was hopeful they would expand the search ability. Unfortunately they went backwards in a big way.

Interesting that I am still receiving emails from the old site where you could build a search and receive daily mails on cars matching your criteria and these still open to the specific car. A real shame they want so far backwards. I found my 991.1 in dec in Las Vegas using the old search site and had it shipped to me in NC. Really disappointing to see.

Quick Reply: NEW Porsche CPO site BLOWS!