Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Value of CPO and cost of buying an extended factory warranty ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 05:27 PM
IEXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value of CPO and cost of buying an extended factory warranty ?

2016 C4S

What is the value of a car with a CPO versus one without if everything else is the same (same options, miles etc)
It appears that CPO cars now (after 12/2017) come with unlimited miles.

What does it cost to certify a car?

What does it cost to buy additional years of factory warranty from Porsche on a vehicle still under factory warranty. ?

thanks.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:39 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

CPO is worth it- definitely. It runs Porsche a couple grand to slap a CPO on a car. A CPO car vs non CPO.. The CPO car will be worth several thousand more and will sell easier/faster.

Not sure if Porsche will just sell you their own warranty. I asked a local dealer this question but he offered to sell me a Penske warranty instead which is negotiable. He came at me with a 5 year 120k mile warranty for $7K. Carmax will sell you a warranty on their own car for $3200 (5 year 120K)
Old 04-22-2018, 08:05 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

cpo costs about -2000 for 1 yr cpo, plus it cost what ever the dealer had to do to make it pass the cpo criteria. Pads, tires, fix dent, etc. If it costed him 3600 to cpo the car, YOU paid 3600+2000 for that 1yr cpo. depends on the car. You can then pay him $ to add 1 more year. Dont know - remember, what that is, maybe 2000, etc. And thats the end of porsche warranty, they wont sell you anymore than 1st yr and 2nd yr.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:54 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Ownership

I think part of this depends on how long you plan on owning the car. It seems like CPO does affect resale price significantly. If you plan on reselling the car prior to the CPO ending then its a good deal (2 years). If you plan on keeping the car past the CPO expiration then it has no value other than catastrophic failures during the insurance policy's time frame (2 years). Like any insurance, you should shop for price. I think Fidelity has the best product if you search on here for warranty insurance. I doubt the fidelity would add as much to the resale as the CPO but it probably adds something. I personally would pay much more for a car with say a 5 year 120K policy than a 2 year unlimited mileage policy (or CPO) as I plan on keeping the car.

Quick Reply: Value of CPO and cost of buying an extended factory warranty ?