911 T owners club - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Old 03-31-2018, 11:12 AM
  #16  
vtrich
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
vtrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: underhill ctr, vt
Posts: 201
Default

I was told the same as White. Mine will be order locked in July, delivered in September as a MY 19.
vtrich is offline  
Old 03-31-2018, 12:38 PM
  #17  
sjglaser
User
 
sjglaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 50
Default

I ordered my 911T back in November. The car arrived in Houston a couple of day sitting in the Port of Houston. From there to the Porsche Exchange, and after that it will be transported for delivery in KS. Here's my build. Photos to follow...
http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCal...bcode=PJMJJ9J0
sjglaser is offline  
Old 03-31-2018, 04:48 PM
  #18  
worldwidewebs
User
 
worldwidewebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 66
Default

PJG6FZR7

Yellow, T interior, not much else. UK car - arrives end of April
worldwidewebs is offline  
Old 03-31-2018, 09:09 PM
  #19  
bluehorseshoe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
bluehorseshoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Posts: 1,290
Default

I'm a 911T convert. Saw a bunch today. Car feels special. Seats, door pulls, light build, min turbo. I'm sold. Love those striped textile seats. Lots of little things...adds up to more than sum of parts. And those seats...

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 04-01-2018 at 12:20 AM.
bluehorseshoe is offline  
Old 03-31-2018, 11:29 PM
  #20  
911-TOUR
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
911-TOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: At the outer marker...
Posts: 1,081
Default

2018 Porsche 911 Carrera T

WP0AA2A90JS106027

Prod Month:01/2018
VIN:WP0AA2A90JS106027
MSRP: $111,130.00
Exterior: GT Silver Metallic
Interior:Carrera T Interior Package Contrasts in Guards Red
090 Carrera T Interior Package
342 Seat heating (front)
470 Rear Axle Steering
509 Fire Extinguisher
581 Luggage net in passenger footwell
9VL Bose
EKD Leather Interior Package i.c.w. Standard Interior
QH1 Voice Control
QR5 Chrono Package with Porsche Track Precision App
U2 GT Silver Metallic
WI Carrera T Interior Package, Contrasts in Guards Red
911-TOUR is offline  
Old 03-31-2018, 11:32 PM
  #21  
Rennolazine
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Rennolazine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Chitown, USA
Posts: 854
Default

Is anyone planning on weighing their car to see if the lightweight marketing is legit or not?
Rennolazine is offline  
Old 04-01-2018, 12:34 AM
  #22  
alex_c
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
alex_c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 596
Default

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
I'm a 911T convert. Saw a bunch today. Car feels special. Seats, door pulls, light build, min turbo. I'm sold. Love those striped textile seats. Lots of little things...adds up to more than sum of parts. And those seats...
Nice info!

Out of curiosity, where did you see a bunch of T's?

Thanks.
alex_c is offline  
Old 04-01-2018, 02:53 AM
  #23  
alex_c
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
alex_c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 596
Default

Ok, please allow me to share with you a little theory I have:

Based on the document shown below, for model year 2018, the last 6 digits for all Carrera 2 and 4 produced for the US and Canada, range from 05061 to 10000. This means that there could be no more than 4939 in total.

Now, take a look at a sample of VIN numbers and production dates below:

VIN DATE T?
05094 07/17
05177 07/17
05294 07/17
05489 10/17
05640 11/17
05822 12/17
05841 12/17
05843 12/17 YES
05863 YES
05921 1/18
05925 1/18
05926 1/18 YES
05936 1/18 YES
05944 1/18
05998 1/18
06013 1/1
06017 1/18 YES
06027 1/18 YES
06041 1/18 YES

In July, there were at least 200 C2/C4 produced. In August the plant is Closed. In September, October and November approximately another 200 produced each month. Now, in December looks like production goes down to just around 100 units. And December is the first month where the T shows up as part of the mix with C2/C4. We know that in January there were at least 120 produced. And since I know the VIN of my T produced on 3/19, that means that there were 263 C2/C4/T produced in about 10 weeks, or 26 per week. So for this year the average has been around 100 per month.

If the plant closes at the end of May, that could mean that there could not be more than 500 T's made for the US/Canada market. And since at least during January there were quite a few base Carrera's made, I would estimate no more than 350 or 400 T's in total for MY2018. So far, there can't be more than 300 T's made even if ALL of 06xxx VINs were all T's, which we know they are not. Of course, this could change if for the next two months the factory starts cranking up the production, but given the averages we've seen so far, that does not seem likely.

Given all this, the T may end up being quite a rare bird indeed!

alex_c is offline  
Old 04-01-2018, 09:02 AM
  #24  
Rennolazine
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Rennolazine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Chitown, USA
Posts: 854
Default

I think youre right! I bet when its all said and done less than 1000 worldwide. The question is, is there really >5% market for the T over other 911s, which are also pretty low production if you really think about it? I think it will definitely be desireable and hold value better than a regular 911, but not appreciate or hold value like a gt car. Also consider we are ALL gonna drive the T every day so its not gonna be a garage queen with low miles. If I can trade mine in for >$60k after the warranty is up with 30k miles on it ill be happy. If the value is anywhere near msrp in 2 years, im trading it for a better 911. I dont think this will happen though.
Rennolazine is offline  
Old 04-01-2018, 10:02 AM
  #25  
k997
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
k997's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Cloud
Posts: 800
Default

This is awesome data! Alex, what system did you get that screenshot from??

I agree, it will definitely be a low production model and it will hold its value better than other Carrera models in lineup. May not appreciate but that might depend on how the 992 does possibly?
k997 is offline  
Old 04-01-2018, 11:28 AM
  #26  
911-TOUR
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
911-TOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: At the outer marker...
Posts: 1,081
Default

Copy of my post from the Feb demand thread:

"Over on one of the UK forums - pistonheads, I think - in Dec one of the OPCs claimed T production numbers were likely to be very low and would depend on demand - that Porsche had estimated 800-1200..." And I think that's globally.

I had also heard when looking for allocations in Nov/Dec that US was fewer than 700.

cheers!
911-TOUR is offline  
Old 04-01-2018, 12:32 PM
  #27  
alex_c
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
alex_c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 596
Default

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
Copy of my post from the Feb demand thread:

"Over on one of the UK forums - pistonheads, I think - in Dec one of the OPCs claimed T production numbers were likely to be very low and would depend on demand - that Porsche had estimated 800-1200..." And I think that's globally.

I had also heard when looking for allocations in Nov/Dec that US was fewer than 700.

cheers!
Yes, I remember reading that number before. But looking at these numbers, and analyzing the data, I would almost guarantee that the 700 may be the global production, not US.

The difference between @911-TOUR 's VIN and mine means that there were 157 C2, C4 or T's built between mid January (based on prod date shown and arrival date) and March 20 when mine was built.

That is 157 vehicles in 8 weeks, or 19.6 per week. Showing a further slowing of the output.

Unless the factory is able to double production in the next two months, which would be even harder since there is now an additional product in the lineup (GT3RS) computing for resources, and they are actively going into shut-down for the summer re-gearing.

Again at least for 2018 I don't see any way there would be any more than 350 T's made, and that is being overly generous with the numbers, and assumes ALL C2/C4 VINs go to T's and no more base Carreras are produced for the rest of the model year.

Now, are we going to see a 2019 Carrera T with an additional 300 units built in July-September? That is still to be seen, and would assume no more base Carrera's built as 2019's before we start seeing 992's.
alex_c is offline  
Old 04-01-2018, 01:01 PM
  #28  
911-TOUR
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
911-TOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: At the outer marker...
Posts: 1,081
Default

I agree, it's interesting. From your data it looks like there were about 100 cars built before mine in Jan. My car was in production 1/19/2018 - 1/26/2018, so end of month. Some of those cars were T's. I think mine was one of the 1st in the US, so where did the others go? RoW? It didn't seem like many were posting here about deliveries elsewhere. I'd tend to think that means that most of the other cars built in that time period were regular C2/C4 for RoW markets.

There are ~200 dealers in the US (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong) / 650 Globally. If US were getting 700, then that's 2/3 cars per dealer - which does seem about like what we've heard.

Really good research Alex!

cheers!
911-TOUR is offline  
Old 04-01-2018, 01:25 PM
  #29  
alex_c
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
alex_c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 596
Default

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR View Post
I agree, it's interesting. From your data it looks like there were about 100 cars built before mine in Jan. My car was in production 1/19/2018 - 1/26/2018, so end of month. Some of those cars were T's. I think mine was one of the 1st in the US, so where did the others go? RoW? It didn't seem like many were posting here about deliveries elsewhere. I'd tend to think that means that most of the other cars built in that time period were regular C2/C4 for RoW markets.

There are ~200 dealers in the US (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong) / 650 Globally. If US were getting 700, then that's 2/3 cars per dealer - which does seem about like what we've heard.

Really good research Alex!

cheers!
Thanks!

You are right about January producing around 120 C2/C4/T combined units. Although I didn't include the whole list I compiled -I only intended to show the end of month VINs-, I can tell you that for JANUARY more than 70% were C2/C4 and only 30% T's. I don't have enough data for February and March as the VIN's are not decodable yet.

None of the vehicles I reported and analyzed on my list are RoW as those have a completely different VIN sequence: ...9xJS1... for RoW, while AxJS1 for US/Canada, where x could be either 9 or 5. That is a completely different number of T's.

BTW, the US is still the #1 market for Manual Transmission Porsches, so I would assume that the USA T's represent the lion's share of worldwide production. I would say that at least half of it.

**By the way, doing the same exercise as above, it looks like just in the US we have well over 1,700 MY2018 GT3's. Or around a 5:1 GT3 to T ratio.

I guess all this just adds a little bit more of uniqueness to the T.

Regarding the number of US Dealers, I doubt most of them would get more than 1 or 2. If a "mega dealer" like North Houston only got 3, and the other two dealers in town got 1 each, that's less than 2 average. I visited two of the largest Miami P dealers and I was told 3 each. And these are HUGE dealers. So, a 1.5 - 2 average T's per dealer would support my projection of a total of 300 - 350 T's for the US in 2018.

Last edited by alex_c; 04-01-2018 at 02:14 PM.
alex_c is offline  
Old 04-01-2018, 04:51 PM
  #30  
sjglaser
User
 
sjglaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 50
Default

Originally Posted by alex_c View Post
Thanks!

You are right about January producing around 120 C2/C4/T combined units. Although I didn't include the whole list I compiled -I only intended to show the end of month VINs-, I can tell you that for JANUARY more than 70% were C2/C4 and only 30% T's. I don't have enough data for February and March as the VIN's are not decodable yet.

None of the vehicles I reported and analyzed on my list are RoW as those have a completely different VIN sequence: ...9xJS1... for RoW, while AxJS1 for US/Canada, where x could be either 9 or 5. That is a completely different number of T's.

BTW, the US is still the #1 market for Manual Transmission Porsches, so I would assume that the USA T's represent the lion's share of worldwide production. I would say that at least half of it.

**By the way, doing the same exercise as above, it looks like just in the US we have well over 1,700 MY2018 GT3's. Or around a 5:1 GT3 to T ratio.

I guess all this just adds a little bit more of uniqueness to the T.

Regarding the number of US Dealers, I doubt most of them would get more than 1 or 2. If a "mega dealer" like North Houston only got 3, and the other two dealers in town got 1 each, that's less than 2 average. I visited two of the largest Miami P dealers and I was told 3 each. And these are HUGE dealers. So, a 1.5 - 2 average T's per dealer would support my projection of a total of 300 - 350 T's for the US in 2018.

I find this analysis fascinating. Is the T run small because it is what the market will absorb? Also (I'm speculating I know,) but why such a large number of GT3s? Is it about good customers getting upset because they can't get an allocation? I also assume the margins for Porsche are greater with the GT cars. Is it an attempt to squelch high dealer mark-ups on GT cars? To get more out there on the road (instead of having a fleet of garage queens no one sees) to increase the brand cache?

On another note, when the 992 comes out, is it possible the 992 T version may be announced along with the base C2? There's a reason why the T exists, and I (also speculating) believe Porsche is trying to make base version more appealing, and there's more margin. If the 992 T does not come until late in the model cycle, then it will be indeed be a rare bird (although I do agree it probably won't command any premium in the used car market). Cheers.
sjglaser is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 911 T owners club


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: