Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prince Lionheart (Seat Saver) in 991?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 10:14 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Prince Lionheart (Seat Saver) in 991?

So I read praise on the Prince Lionheart seat saver and bought it for my 991 to protect the alcantera interior from my now 2-year-old.

I must have missed the small print in the forums as it's way too large for the rear seat. (Must have been front seat configs I read about?)

So I'm planning to cut it to fit the seat. Anyone ever do this?

Also, will this protect the alcantera from baby seat indentations? The Porsche Junior ISOFIX seat weighs a whopping 58lbs by itself IIRC
Old 03-24-2018, 10:33 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

Photos?

And I suspect any soft cover will not protect the seat from prolonged indentations. Maybe something relatively rigid than can be deformed to fit the seat bottom shape?
Old 03-24-2018, 10:58 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Photos?

And I suspect any soft cover will not protect the seat from prolonged indentations. Maybe something relatively rigid than can be deformed to fit the seat bottom shape?
I had the Prince Lionheart in my car's when I had harness seats secured to the LATCH connectors. It's quite a stiff protector. I had it on my old Acura for the better part of 5 years and when I traded it in, the Marks were gone in about 24 hours. It works really well.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:59 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
So I read praise on the Prince Lionheart seat saver and bought it for my 991 to protect the alcantera interior from my now 2-year-old.

I must have missed the small print in the forums as it's way too large for the rear seat. (Must have been front seat configs I read about?)

So I'm planning to cut it to fit the seat. Anyone ever do this?

Also, will this protect the alcantera from baby seat indentations? The Porsche Junior ISOFIX seat weighs a whopping 58lbs by itself IIRC
Yes, I cut mine in my old car. Just use a razor knife. Will work fine. I cut mine so that I could protect the seat but still access the LATCH anchor points.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:41 AM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 314 Posts

I'm in the exact same boat. Have these in our Golf R and Kia minivan and just ordered two more for the 911 without even realizing that they're way too wide. Just going to cut to fit!
Old 03-25-2018, 10:37 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Photos?

The car's offsite but will post pics of the finished product. The item is quite rigid.

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Yes, I cut mine in my old car. Just use a razor knife. Will work fine. I cut mine so that I could protect the seat but still access the LATCH anchor points.
Thanks Needsdecaf! Will attack the problem with a razor knife solution.

Quick Reply: Prince Lionheart (Seat Saver) in 991?