March Madness in NoVA

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 07:03 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by wes66vette
...Tony Bennett is a class act...
Yes he is. I belong to the same country club as Tony Bennett. The other day my wife and I were in the restaurant there, as was Tony Bennett and his family, two tables away. You would not believe the number of rude and obnoxious people that stopped by his table that just had to chat with him, even though the Bennetts had their food on the table. But Tony being Tony, talked with them instead of telling them to get lost. I would not have been so kind. I went to the final home game which was against Notre Dame. After the game he and his team met at center court. While obviously I could not hear what was said, the expression on his face told the story. What a class act he is and UVa is very fortunate to have him. And this is coming from a GT grad.

Last edited by flickroll; 03-21-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:46 AM
daberlin
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Yes he is. I belong to the same country club as Tony Bennett. The other day my wife and I were in the restaurant there, as was Tony Bennett and his family, two tables away. You would not believe the number of rude and obnoxious people that stopped by his table that just had to chat with him, even though the Bennetts had their food on the table. But Tony being Tony, talked with them instead of telling them to get lost. I would not have been so kind. I went to the final home game which was against Notre Dame. After the game he and his team met at center court. While obviously I could not hear what was said, the expression on his face told the story. What a class act he is and UVa is very fortunate to have him. And this is coming from a GT grad.

Darden '07. We are ALL grieving over what frankly was the greatest defeat and upset in NCAA College Basketball history. If folks went over to Tony and said 'thanks for a great season, and we're still behind you', I see no problem with that.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:26 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by daberlin
Darden '07. We are ALL grieving over what frankly was the greatest defeat and upset in NCAA College Basketball history. If folks went over to Tony and said 'thanks for a great season, and we're still behind you', I see no problem with that.
It happened mid season and I thought it was very inappropriate. The man should be allowed to have a nice meal with his family.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:27 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by daberlin
Duplicate, moderator please delete.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:16 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 290 Posts

Went for a bicycle ride on Monday - sunny and ~50F. Tuesday/Wednesday (two storms) we got wacked with 16 inches of the white stuff!! Today the sun was out and temps in the 40's. About 1/2 the snow melted! This is crazy! Oh well, ol' Silver is tucked in nice and warm in the garage.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:05 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DBH
Went for a bicycle ride on Monday - sunny and ~50F. Tuesday/Wednesday (two storms) we got wacked with 16 inches of the white stuff!! Today the sun was out and temps in the 40's. About 1/2 the snow melted! This is crazy! Oh well, ol' Silver is tucked in nice and warm in the garage.
ol’ Silver will be on the road very soon
Old 03-25-2018, 01:38 PM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

We had 3" of icy snow yesterday (which is a lot these days for central IL). March seems to have come in like a lion and is going out like one.

Quick Reply: March Madness in NoVA