Sponsored by:

Pre-delivery purchase list

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 08:04 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Pre-delivery purchase list

After spending what seemed like months working through the "What did you buy your 991 today" thread (138 pages/2060+ replies...seriously?!? ).....I've compiled this list. For starters. Not 100% sure about all of it (painted reflectors, for example). Also, plenty of detailing supplies already on hand.

What did I miss, what would you add?

Front window wind diffuser
Painted rear reflectors
Clear LED side markers
Colored key trim / ignition plug
Front intake screens
Frunk liner
Frunk lid liner
Sun shade
Radar detector (Uniden R3)
Blendmount
Hardwire kit
Wheel mounting guide bolt x2
Ultimate Cupholder x2
Rennline phone mount
Lloyds shelf mat

Thanks for your insights!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:32 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Headers, Cats, Exhaust, Plenum, Tune, Eiback Springs, 8/10mm spacers, Filters, center radiator, SPASM lip, rennline Grills.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:34 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

OT: I just took my wheels off a couple times to Rejex the barrels, add spacers and do the springs. If you are going to put ECS spacers on then don't bother with the mounting bolts. The ECS spacer design has an adequate lip that it's no big deal for one person to handle.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:29 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

was going to message you today and ask but since you started a thread I will ask here. What is the latest update on your eta?

I got the trunk lid liner, sunshade, clear side markers, colored key trim. Love them all.
May need to get myself those cup holders as well. Dont like the provided holders. Will those work on the 991? I don't see that model listed on the website
I thought about the phone mount but I like the apple car play so much I can do everything by plugging the phone into the port in the center armrest and see no reason for an external mount.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:37 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

You've done well. A few extras I purchased in addition to your list....

1) Gas cap in aluminum, no regrets
2) Car cover
3) High Flow air filter
4) Porsche C-tek charger
5) Sport Cats

I'm still looking for a higher end sunglass clip. Any good ideas, please post em up!
Old 03-20-2018, 11:07 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Tow hook license plate system or anything that allows you not to drill holes to the bumper (assuming you reside in a state that requires front license plates)
Old 03-20-2018, 11:10 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
was going to message you today and ask but since you started a thread I will ask here. What is the latest update on your eta?

I got the trunk lid liner, sunshade, clear side markers, colored key trim. Love them all.
May need to get myself those cup holders as well. Dont like the provided holders. Will those work on the 991? I don't see that model listed on the website
I thought about the phone mount but I like the apple car play so much I can do everything by plugging the phone into the port in the center armrest and see no reason for an external mount.

Ha! I seem to have again dropped off the radar in this journey. Went into production (V260) 2/19. That was actually 4 days EARLIER than the last system screen I saw. However NOTHING has changed in the system since. V270 and V280 "Expected" have come and gone, V290/V300/V331 all hit Friday 3/23. SA says this system updates daily, but every screen shot he sends me shows the same same black hole after 2/19. He did send me a VIN last week, but as I understand the VIN issuing requirements/milestone, that doesn't make sense....thought it needed to be finished first. So who the heck knows, TBH.

Meanwhile, garage re-org is finished, Racedeck is just about done, ancillary shopping list started, PPF research complete, etc, etc.

Thanks for the heads up on the Apple Car Play....that's great advice!
Old 03-20-2018, 11:11 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by visitador
Tow hook license plate system or anything that allows you not to drill holes to the bumper (assuming you reside in a state that requires front license plates)

Yes! I knew there was something obvious I was forgetting. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2018, 03:12 AM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

What's the purpose of Front window wind diffuser ?
Old 03-21-2018, 03:19 AM
AlexLou
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Ohh man, I missed many things! And I don’t even know where to look for them like clear markers and trunk liner.
i kinda browsed through EBay for the markets but wasn’t sure what good or what’s knock off.
Guess I need more time to search deeper into this forum
Old 03-21-2018, 03:35 AM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BRO!!!!! Based on your supplied list, you are missing some CRITICAL 911/ garage items that will make your car worth owning. I wouldn't take delivery of a serious car without AT LEAST some:

headlight fluid (minimum 3 quarts- BUT NO MORE THAN 5!)
a high-polish, low friction kanuder valve
some carburetor fuses (Don't buy the Porsche ones, they rip you off-- you can probably get a big box of these cheap at your local hardware store
and you should probably get two of those opti-grab devices- you can't be too safe... I knew a guy that got stuck in the fog without them once... that's right, i KNEW a guy.... I only wish he had kept some in his frickin frunk..... *smh
Old 03-21-2018, 07:53 AM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by .moo.
What's the purpose of Front window wind diffuser ?

https://tagmotorsports.com/awe-tunin...-wind-diffuser
Old 03-21-2018, 08:01 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by JFerraro17
Ha! I seem to have again dropped off the radar in this journey. Went into production (V260) 2/19. That was actually 4 days EARLIER than the last system screen I saw. However NOTHING has changed in the system since. V270 and V280 "Expected" have come and gone, V290/V300/V331 all hit Friday 3/23. SA says this system updates daily, but every screen shot he sends me shows the same same black hole after 2/19. He did send me a VIN last week, but as I understand the VIN issuing requirements/milestone, that doesn't make sense....thought it needed to be finished first. So who the heck knows, TBH.

Meanwhile, garage re-org is finished, Racedeck is just about done, ancillary shopping list started, PPF research complete, etc, etc.

Thanks for the heads up on the Apple Car Play....that's great advice!
Hope you get an update that shows completion soon! Post pics of the race deck when done. I had fin designing and installing mine.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:13 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Post pics of the race deck when done. I had fin designing and installing mine.

The “nursery” as my wife has taken to calling it, is ready for delivery 😄
Old 04-06-2018, 11:25 AM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I didn't see anyone answer your question about the ultimate cupholders - I have a 991 and I have 2 of these and they work fine. I had confirmed with the seller before I bought them.

Quick Reply: Pre-delivery purchase list