991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennlist transaction rant

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 06:08 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

A little different but still USPS. I had my mailbox ran over three times in the same summer once at my previous home. I got fed up with buying new mailboxes and installing them just for the privilege of getting a ton of junk mail. I already had a P.O. Box for some personal business stuff, so I decided I didn't want a home mailbox anymore, and just wanted mail to go to my P.O. Box. So i called USPS to figure out what the process was to just not have a mailbox anymore. That BLEW THEIR MINDS. After they recovered from their mental meltdown and could wrap their heads around my request, they determined that they did have a process for this. I was to do the following: (They would not let me redirect my home address to my P.O. Box permanently)

1) Go to the USPS office and obtain a change of address form.
2) Fill out the form as if i was redirecting mail from my P.O. Box to my home (exactly what i did NOT want to do)
3) then take a red marker, draw a big circle with a line through it over the entire sheet and write "NO" in large letters along that line
4) Don't take the "NO form" back to the USPS building, literally find a postman who is driving around and personally hand the form to them.

I said thanks, hung up, and thought, no way. That can't really be what I'm supposed to do. So i called back to the national number, spoke to a different person and sure enough, they gave me the exact same process.

So i went and did just that. The postman had zero clue what to do with the form with the large red NO sign written on it, and declared you cannot NOT have a mailbox. So nothing happened.

So I had a $$$$ mailbox built out of brick and stone. I figured then at least the next time a person ran the thing over, i could go out there and see who it was. Funny thing was that apparently people really steer clear of big brick mailboxes. so the problem never happened again, and I went back to moving mail from the mailbox to the trash can, over and over again.

Last edited by 99999; 03-19-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:32 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Big
When I buy stuff from Amazon, I cringe when I see a USPS tracking number. More than once I got notifications that the packages have been delivered but there's nothing in the mailbox, only to receive them days later.
I’ve had this happen too. Apparently “delivered” in USPS “tracking” means nothing. Since I reported the item lost to Amazon, when two showed up I decided I wanted to keep both and had to call them back to get them to charge me for the second one as well, it was like pulling teeth to get them to do it.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:57 PM
goals911
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

R rated what can I say went far and beyond to deliver the headers and to make things correct not his fault TOP notch seller!!!! And a great guy to deal with!
thanks again!!!! Cigars and whiskey on me if you come back to NY.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:36 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

USPS was deserving of oblivion years ago. If I remember correctly, rational people proposed this but all kinds of whiners rose up, including how "poor people in under-served rural towns" would lose their link to the outside world.

Might be time to try to kill it again.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:38 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,574 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Big
When I buy stuff from Amazon, I cringe when I see a USPS tracking number. More than once I got notifications that the packages have been delivered but there's nothing in the mailbox, only to receive them days later.
Sam experience for me with Amazon.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:07 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Ought to change the title to USPS rant. Rennlist had nothing to do with your issues.

Peter
Old 03-20-2018, 11:35 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

My USPS rant and a heads up : if you have a " vacation hold " correctly in place and a parcel arrives at your local USPS and is correctly held , they still have to mark it on their online tracker as " delivered , left at front door " as there is NO other checkmarking/scan option , like " held at local facility for later delivery or pick up pending vacation hold " .. this was confirmed by two different USPS desk clerks as well as delivery jockeys even as recently as last year !
I asked how this could be with the thousands of parcels marked incorrectly this way online and generating anxiety daily across the country year after year ..it's a simple software add that should take a 10 yr old ten seconds to add to their " scan and mark " action screen !!
Old 03-20-2018, 11:45 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Ought to change the title to USPS rant. Rennlist had nothing to do with your issues.

Peter

Good point

Quick Reply: Rennlist transaction rant