JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Great post. Great story. Great car.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:58 PM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

That was a good read, after at first checking that I was on the right forum It looks like you got to the goal sooner than many of us, well done and congrats on a great find.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:01 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Great write up and congrats. The lurking >> search >> finding/negotiating/buying >> delivery >> journey can be a long one requiring a lot of patience. To those willing to put the time in, the reward is there. Hot looking C2S. After the paint correction and coating, it looks brand new.

Name:  photo717.jpg
Views: 2128
Size:  254.0 KB

The BMW defector story is a very common one here.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:07 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Great post and beautiful car. Where in PA are you?
Old 03-11-2018, 10:25 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

I love a white 911!
Old 03-11-2018, 10:40 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

OP - great story and a very nice 911 acquisition.
Enjoy her in good health and I look forward to reading more stories and seeing pictures of future drives.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:06 PM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 28 Posts

achtung6
The car looks amazing. White being my favorite color. We all have a path that we took to get here and in many cases I think it makes the arrival that much sweeter! I will be taking delivery of a new to me 991.2 C2S next week and absolutely cannot wait. I read your story with great enthusiasm and wish you many miles of pure enjoyment!
Thank you my friend. I'm sure you will love your .2 when you take delivery next week. Be sure to post plenty of pics when you get a chance.

R_Rated
Great spec! Love the aero and the wheels!
Thanks, I couldn't be happier with it! I have no doubt picked up a few things from your posts/comments over the past year or so.

Ski Porsche
Thanks for the story, fun to read your perspective and experience. Enjoy your Carrera S!
Great, I'm glad it was a good read. I wasn't sure about posting it but figured what the heck, why not.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:14 PM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

StormRune
Nice story. It's good to see such a nice car land is such worthy hands! Thanks for sharing. I also had an M3 and 335i along the way, although different versions and in a different order.
You have done well stepping your way up to the best one yet! Best wishes for many happy outings.
Why thank you. I'm not sure how 'worthy' I am, but I will still enjoy the car nonetheless. What did you think of your M3 compared to your P car? Did you have the F80 chassis or the previous body style?

JPMD
Great post. Great story. Great car.
Thanks for the kind words!

RS_
That was a good read, after at first checking that I was on the right forum It looks like you got to the goal sooner than many of us, well done and congrats on a great find.
Haha, that's exactly why I second guessed even posting it all, b/c it's not like I have this long storied history of P cars in the family, so I knew it would take a while before it was 'relevant' to this forum...lol. I'm not sure what the average age of a 911 buyer is but I am still in my 30's with no kiddo's so that has certainly helped.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:24 PM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

tgcrun
Great post and beautiful car. Where in PA are you?
I appreciate it my friend. I am not too far from the Chestnut/Lafayette Hill area. I have really like your 'superman' build & would love to see it in person one day if possible. I was in Exton day for a PCA brunch event & hung out with a couple of P car guys. Great time.

bkrantz
I love a white 911!
So do I. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello.

Bemo
OP - great story and a very nice 911 acquisition.
Enjoy her in good health and I look forward to reading more stories and seeing pictures of future drives.
Appreciate the kinds words my friend! I would love to meet 'Bemo' one day in person. I was in Long Island yesterday for a wedding although not in the P car, but I believe that is not all that far from you. I appreciate all of your contributions over the past year as well.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:31 PM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
Great write up and congrats. The lurking >> search >> finding/negotiating/buying >> delivery >> journey can be a long one requiring a lot of patience. To those willing to put the time in, the reward is there. Hot looking C2S. After the paint correction and coating, it looks brand new.

Attachment 1276864

The BMW defector story is a very common one here.
My story would not have been complete without mentioning you and the HFS thread that I have spent countless time/hours on over the past year or so. That was an awesome idea & your input along with others has benefited so many enthusiasts along the way. I appreciate you!

She turned out great after the paint correction & coating, couldn't be happier! Looking forward to putting many miles on her in the coming days.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:06 AM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Great story and congratulations on your journey. I followed a similar one, thinking I would always be a BMW owner. Over time I transitioned to Porsche. I took delivery of my third Porsche last May (a custom specced Targa GTS) which I don't daily drive since my typical drive is just to the train station. However, I have wanted a daily Porsche fix, so yesterday I picked up a locally sourced CPO 2017 Macan GTS with 7,200 miles on it (the Macan is Carrara White Metallic, the Targa is Agate Gray). Now I can drive a Porsche all the time. Dreams do come true, which I know is a sentiment you agree with.

Congrats again!

Targa:

Macan (sorry, I haven't taken any pictures of my own yet!):
Old 03-12-2018, 10:06 AM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

Your Targa looks great! I love the black GTS wheels against the black targa script & the red contrast. Great spec. I too have a similar commute most days, just a five minute drive to the train, some days I even walk. The Macan as a DD is a great idea, I think my next daily will probably be an SUV as well. Congrats! Thanks for stopping in to say hello!

Originally Posted by bwiele
Great story and congratulations on your journey. I followed a similar one, thinking I would always be a BMW owner. Over time I transitioned to Porsche. I took delivery of my third Porsche last May (a custom specced Targa GTS) which I don't daily drive since my typical drive is just to the train station. However, I have wanted a daily Porsche fix, so yesterday I picked up a locally sourced CPO 2017 Macan GTS with 7,200 miles on it (the Macan is Carrara White Metallic, the Targa is Agate Gray). Now I can drive a Porsche all the time. Dreams do come true, which I know is a sentiment you agree with.

Congrats again!

Targa:

Macan (sorry, I haven't taken any pictures of my own yet!):
Old 03-12-2018, 01:15 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Great story and absolutely stunning build, that’s one of the nicest 991’s I’ve ever seen. I too had an F10 (535i M Sport) which I loved, and was what wet my appetite to want a sporty car (that slight underlying BMW DNA residing somewhere within all that bloated fluff was like a taste of sportiness blood), then to a Macan which I thought would be enough. It was.... for a minute (compared to the Bimmer), but I knew right away that it wouldn’t quench my 911 thirst. It was getting a 718 S loaner (incredible car, horrible sounding engine, makes great power but the lag and delivery were setbacks, making me realize I too craved the N/A experience on this next car) that made me finally make the move to get serious about fulfilling my lifelong dream.

Enjoy the 911. Your specific example is especially perfection.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Advisor
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the kind words, especially since there are some pretty awesome builds out there. I agree, the F10 platform did leave you lacking in the sportiness department. I have spent a couple of hours as a passenger in the 718 S but have never driven it. The 981 S/GTS is the sweet spot for that chassis if you ask me.

Speaking of perfection,...that is one of the reasons why my timeline got moved up a whole year. I was prepared to continue waiting patiently but I knew if the 'perfect' spec came along I was not going to hesitate one bit. Thanks again & I'm sure you are enjoying your SBM as well!

K-A
Great story and absolutely stunning build, that’s one of the nicest 991’s I’ve ever seen. I too had an F10 (535i M Sport) which I loved, and was what wet my appetite to want a sporty car (that slight underlying BMW DNA residing somewhere within all that bloated fluff was like a taste of sportiness blood), then to a Macan which I thought would be enough. It was.... for a minute (compared to the Bimmer), but I knew right away that it wouldn’t quench my 911 thirst. It was getting a 718 S loaner (incredible car, horrible sounding engine, makes great power but the lag and delivery were setbacks, making me realize I too craved the N/A experience on this next car) that made me finally make the move to get serious about fulfilling my lifelong dream.

Enjoy the 911. Your specific example is especially perfection.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

I enjoyed the story and the photos - like a storybook. I think a lot of us have a similar story and can relate. Welcome and happy driving.

Quick Reply: Advisor's 911 Ownership Journal!