Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSA for warranty work towards end of warranty.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 11:55 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Default PSA for warranty work towards end of warranty.

My car door cards are pulling up and I have 6 months of CPO remaining warranty. No problems with dealer replacement under warranty.

PSA. If you pay $1.00 for them then they are warrantied for 2 years but if you pay nothing then the warranty ends with CPO or new car warranty expiration. This applies to any parts covered under warranty. There has to be a monetary transaction to get parts warranties 2 years. No money exchange means you have till the car warranty is up.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:41 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
My car door cards are pulling up and I have 6 months of CPO remaining warranty. No problems with dealer replacement under warranty.

PSA. If you pay $1.00 for them then they are warrantied for 2 years but if you pay nothing then the warranty ends with CPO or new car warranty expiration. This applies to any parts covered under warranty. There has to be a monetary transaction to get parts warranties 2 years. No money exchange means you have till the car warranty is up.
Leather door cards?
Old 03-10-2018, 01:04 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
Leather door cards?
standard - but the warranty game works for anything.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:27 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 96 Posts

Wow. Interesting. I wonder if some dealers would give pushback on that?

Btw, they’re replacing your door cards under CPO? My SA said “no cosmetics” covered by CPO, but not sure if he was being a hard head.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:01 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by K-A
Wow. Interesting. I wonder if some dealers would give pushback on that?

Btw, they’re replacing your door cards under CPO? My SA said “no cosmetics” covered by CPO, but not sure if he was being a hard head.
My dealer is very rigid about what is covered - ultimately they still get paid though. This is more than cosmetic since the structure is coming apart. A build quality if you will. Scratches and such would not be cosmetic things that were covered.

Interestingly, also the cooled seat button on the driver side died out of nowhere. Nothing was spilled. No click, just nothing.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:50 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
My dealer is very rigid about what is covered - ultimately they still get paid though. This is more than cosmetic since the structure is coming apart. A build quality if you will. Scratches and such would not be cosmetic things that were covered.

Interestingly, also the cooled seat button on the driver side died out of nowhere. Nothing was spilled. No click, just nothing.
Are you talking about the panel warping issue, or are the door cards something else?
Old 03-12-2018, 01:50 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ I believe he is talking about the panel warping issue

Quick Reply: PSA for warranty work towards end of warranty.