Sponsored by:

Lease buyout vs return question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 05:17 PM
coupedncal
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
Coupedncal - Although your question was directed to someone else, I can say that another reason I leased instead of purchased is the fact that I can write off a portion of the monthly lease as a business expense. If I bought the car from the get-go, I could only write off the yearly depreciation. My daily driver GTS is my "company car" for IRS purposes.
Yes, i fully appreciate that benefit of the lease. But i am just questioning if the benefit is worth more than $20K over the 27 months of the lease. If you noticed, the person i quoted in my above post only drove 17K miles during the life of the lease so if you calculate the cost of each mile for that lease, it comes to about $3 per mile. Steep isn't it??
Old 06-10-2019, 11:45 AM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Just a followup. We decided to keep the car and just write a check to pay off the car and the end of our 36 month lease. I had arranged a meeting at the dealership but when we got there the sales guy found out I had just renewed the plates for the car and told me if they did the deal there then I would have to repay all the Washington State and Seattle taxes for the license renewal, but if I did it through Porsche financial I would not. So that was a quick meeting and we went home. FYI the local license renewal includes $800-900 of tax so a good incentive not to pay that twice! I logged on to the Porsche website then went to "My Porsche" then to payoff amount that generates the payoff amount with instructions. For Washington state there is extra tax to pay. Also a mileage statement is needed. NOTE-there is a tab called Documents and a choice called Forms which has the odometer statement form. This is not clear at all in the payoff instructions so I drove to the local DMV to get a Washington state odometer statement form. Porsche should mention in the payoff instructions that the form is available on their website! Also the payoff amount is valid for a set amount of days. I had maybe three days left so I sent the odometer statement and the check via overnight mail to Porsche. Another quirk is that the address on the Porsche website is listed as being in Amherst, NY but the zip code comes up with another town name at the post office and that is fine. So I have since heard nothing from Porsche but the check cleared so eventually a title should show up. I had talked a bit with the General Manager about an extended warranty or doing a CPO but decided to not do that. This was my first and probably last car lease. My wife and I had no doubts about buying the car at lease end because we really like the car after three years and it only has 9500 miles on it. The 992 is underwhelming and seems more like just a small step from the 991.2. Great car no doubt but my 991.2 was custom configured. Also we are retiring in a year or two and do not want to still be paying for an expensive car. Better to be retired with he cool car already paid for! Will we ever buy another Porsche? Hard to say. Nothing they sell other than the 911 really interests me. Our other car is a 2013 Lexus RX450h. Boring and reliable and that car has less than 40K miles on it. We will always need something a bit more practical, but for now we will stick with what we have.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:12 PM
rugu6869
Burning Brakes

Received 443 Likes on 287 Posts
Default Where to find a lease buyout?

I'm interested in purchasing a 991.1/2 and would think that the 2016 - 18 leases would be coming back in.
Does anyone know how to find a car that is coming off lease prior to it coming back to the dealer?

Does anyone have any idea what a low-optioned C2 manual residual would be (estimate)?

It seems like the entry price is for a retail establishment is all over the place and starts around $55K and quickly goes up to $90K+.

First post, but not my first Porsche (had a 2001 Boxster a while back and would love to get into a newer car.

Quick Reply: Lease buyout vs return question