Notices
991
Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger on a new Targa GTS

 
Old 02-27-2018, 09:36 AM
  #1  
uury
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
uury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled the trigger on a new Targa GTS

Hi folks!

I'm incredibly excited -- after months of waffling, I finally pulled the trigger on a new 991.2 Targa GTS. Amazingly, I also found a local dealer who was able to get me an allocation AND an early June ED in Zuffenhausen. Here are a few pics of the draft build, in case you're curious (config locks on 4/1, so I'm sure there will be much gnashing of teeth between now and then). Also, has anyone picked up a car in Zuffenhausen since they moved the delivery area to Werk 1? I'm curious to hear about the new space.




uury is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 11:35 AM
  #2  
dsh
User
 
dsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 39
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Nice! I like.
dsh is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 01:20 PM
  #3  
rick brooklyn
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,335
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

I think it looks nice but it would look amazing with silver wheels matching the silver Targa bar.
rick brooklyn is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 02:12 PM
  #4  
FLGT
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 429
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn View Post
I think it looks nice but it would look amazing with silver wheels matching the silver Targa bar.
agree - that, or black targa bar to match black wheels
FLGT is online now  
Old 02-27-2018, 02:18 PM
  #5  
hbear
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 275
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Configurator might be off as GTS comes with matte black Targa bar.

Simularly the interior is normally black aluminum. Perhaps the OP selected the silver brush.

Congrats on purchase, Iíve personally never been a fan of red interior on a blue car, but ultimately what matters is that the OP loves it.
hbear is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 03:16 PM
  #6  
uury
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
uury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FLGT View Post
agree - that, or black targa bar to match black wheels
Originally Posted by rick brooklyn View Post
I think it looks nice but it would look amazing with silver wheels matching the silver Targa bar.
Yeah, my plan is to (eventually) replace the centerlocks with the 50th anniversary wheels. I preferred the pop of the silver targa bar to the black, but it definitely means a wheel change in the future.
uury is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 03:27 PM
  #7  
Avalon911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Kennett Square, PA and Avalon, NJ
Posts: 304
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by uury View Post
Yeah, my plan is to (eventually) replace the centerlocks with the 50th anniversary wheels. I preferred the pop of the silver targa bar to the black, but it definitely means a wheel change in the future.
You can spec the car with silver Carrera S five lug wheels. Best wishes. Exciting process. Iím a big fan of the Night Blue.
Avalon911 is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 03:52 PM
  #8  
Wing Commander
Super User
 
Wing Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: In my Racing Yellow 911 Carrera T!
Posts: 2,067
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by uury View Post
Hi folks!

I'm incredibly excited -- after months of waffling, I finally pulled the trigger on a new 991.2 Targa GTS. Amazingly, I also found a local dealer who was able to get me an allocation AND an early June ED in Zuffenhausen. Here are a few pics of the draft build, in case you're curious (config locks on 4/1, so I'm sure there will be much gnashing of teeth between now and then). Also, has anyone picked up a car in Zuffenhausen since they moved the delivery area to Werk 1? I'm curious to hear about the new space.





Looks amazing! Congrats! The Targa is a work of art.

Regarding the wheels, why not simply get the centre lock wheels painted silver? Someone on here has done that and they look good! ✅
Wing Commander is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 03:57 PM
  #9  
uury
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
uury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wing Commander View Post



Looks amazing! Congrats! The Targa is a work of art.

Regarding the wheels, why not simply get the centre lock wheels painted silver? Someone on here has done that and they look good! ✅
Now that is an excellent idea. Just shot an email to my sales rep and asked him to reach out to exclusive about it.
uury is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 04:00 PM
  #10  
Wing Commander
Super User
 
Wing Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: In my Racing Yellow 911 Carrera T!
Posts: 2,067
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Or failing that, get them retreated in silver by an alloy wheel specialist post-collection.
Wing Commander is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 04:11 PM
  #11  
Benedict14
User
 
Benedict14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 570
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by uury View Post
Yeah, my plan is to (eventually) replace the centerlocks with the 50th anniversary wheels. I preferred the pop of the silver targa bar to the black, but it definitely means a wheel change in the future.
Be careful. Centrelocks restrict you to only using other centrelock wheels on your car. The 50th Anniversary wheels are not centrelocks. They will not work with your current build. Ask me how I know

If you order the 5 Lug wheels on your GTS, you then have options. However, check that the 50th wheels will work with the 991.2 widebody car. They should, but itís worth checking. They were designed around the previous Gen (991.1) widebody, and the offsets, widths etc etc. may be different.

Good luck. Your build looks badazz, and the 50th Anniversary wheels would look epic on it !
Benedict14 is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 04:41 PM
  #12  
TorqueChap
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TorqueChap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,576
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Great color combo. Picked up my .1 GTS Targa in Europe. You'll love the experience.
TorqueChap is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 05:00 PM
  #13  
Wing Commander
Super User
 
Wing Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: In my Racing Yellow 911 Carrera T!
Posts: 2,067
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TorqueChap View Post
Great color combo. Picked up my .1 GTS Targa in Europe. You'll love the experience.

Yours may be the silver painted centre lock wheels that I mentioned above?!
Wing Commander is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 05:48 PM
  #14  
TorqueChap
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TorqueChap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,576
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Yours may be the silver painted centre lock wheels that I mentioned above?!
Yes sir!
TorqueChap is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 05:53 PM
  #15  
phx991
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
phx991's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 339
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn View Post
I think it looks nice but it would look amazing with silver wheels matching the silver Targa bar.
Another vote for silver wheels (or black targa bar with black wheels).
phx991 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger on a new Targa GTS


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: