Sponsored by:

opinions on this build - 991 base manual

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 09:13 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
I like the yellow guages it makes it look more special. However...The only concern I have is visibility in the day. I have white guages amd they are a pain to see except at night. Otherwise look great.
Also, there is nothing wrong with your build, dude. I would try and keep it at 100k like you have, because once you start addidng more stuff you get into T or S territory... and thats a slippery slope. Before you know it you will be ordering a GTS. Lol.
Very nice build! Sounds like it will be a very sharp car!

I had yellow gauges and had no problem seeing during the daytime. Yellow belts and yellow gauges add a nice splash to a very dark cabin.

I would not get the power folding mirrors or the LCA. (And this from someone who tends to load up with a ton of options, LOL.) Personal preference, I had the power folding mirrors on my first 991.1S and never used them - the car isn't that wide to begin with. I've never been a fan of blind spot detectors, either - easier for me to adjust my mirrors correctly. I would take that $$$ and put it elsewhere.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:55 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

I'd drop Sport Chrono unless you are tracking. Add sport exhaust. I love the sound.

Quick Reply: opinions on this build - 991 base manual