Sponsored by:

Tech Art CF Mirror Upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 10:44 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 722 Likes on 392 Posts
Default Tech Art CF Mirror Upgrade!

Well today was a day off duty for me [active duty] due to President's day and finally had some “me” time. So I got my oil changed and some of my 30k mile service done early [car was CPO'd at 22k in 2016 and only have 5k on it since then/purchase so my service advisor agreed to deferred the entire 30k service as I also changed the air filters for BMC ones when I did a IPD plenium upgrade also about a year ago as well along with a 3rd radiator install and Sport Design bumper upgrade]. I concurred. So today while at the dealership I finally had my OEM mirrors swapped out for the set of OEM Porsche Sport Design/GT3 mirrors painted in Agate Gray that my old dealership in Scottsdale, Az shipped to me. Instead of full Agate Grey or contrast black lowers, I called another audible here and had these beautiful matte black Carbon Fiber Sports Design Upper Mirror shells (by TechArt) swapped out and installed in lieu of the Agate Grey uppers to add a bit of an upgrade to the car. They match the Vorsteiner CF rear spoiler I did last year and also accent the black rear lettering and accents on the car.

Sometimes you can find a good deal online if you look. Found this set of carbon fiber mirror covers last November while browsing online (not this site) from an owner selling them after parting with his 991 C4 Cab and they were properly resourced immediately [by my wife] as a B-day and surprise present for me upon return from TDY. I originally had the GT3/Sport Design mirror bodies ordered from my old dealer last summer and finally they arrived and were painted and shipped to me last fall as I had moved out of state. Till today both sets of parts had lingered in the garage awaiting some time to install and also now warmer climates. But no more...Am super excited and satisfied with the result of these mirrors!

Next up....GTS rear engine cover from the 991.1 in black from Suncoast. That will complete the look I want and set the car off nicely. Along with a set of black HRE's maybe this summer. Warm weather please come soon!

Old 02-17-2018, 12:28 AM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

GREAT looking car. Thank you for your service.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:50 AM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Loving the TechArt mirrors and Vorsteiner rear lip - both products that we sell. In the future perhaps you can add a gloss clear coat to the TechArt pieces to match the rear lip even more.

Here at Wheels Boutique we're HRE's largest dealer in the world so I'd love to help you pick the perfect wheel style, finish, and fitment for your car come summer time - David@WheelsBoutique.com

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 02-19-2018, 01:50 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 722 Likes on 392 Posts

Yes WheelsBoutique..had these FF15's on my former '15 BMW M3 sedal in Anthracite Fog and loved them. Kinda like the P43SCs and are looking at them too but seem scarce. Maybe those is a similar finish for my 991 Also like the P40 style also. Need to see some options. Decisions...decisions!
Originally Posted by WheelsB
Loving the TechArt mirrors and Vorsteiner rear lip - both products that we sell. In the future perhaps you can add a gloss clear coat to the TechArt pieces to match the rear lip even more.

Here at Wheels Boutique we're HRE's largest dealer in the world so I'd love to help you pick the perfect wheel style, finish, and fitment for your car come summer time - David@WheelsBoutique.com

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 03-24-2018 at 02:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Tech Art CF Mirror Upgrade!