Sponsored by:

Dealer add ons for CPOd 911

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Balderdash
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer add ons for CPOd 911

what are folks thoughts on the wheel and tire warranty that Porsche is pitching when you buy a CPO car?

and also the Xpel bra....is that product worth the price for a DD car?

B
Old 02-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Received 211 Likes on 97 Posts

Recent threads about the topics (not trying to be an a$$.....just pointing you to some recent discussions about each topic that have some good info).

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1048...insurance.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1047...at-dealer.html
Old 02-12-2018, 08:08 PM
Balderdash
Intermediate

Great thank you....
Old 02-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 2,045 Posts

Most of this can be negotiated. I don’t ever do the wheel and tire insurance but the clear bra I would do. Just not through the dealer. Find an independent guy that does really good work.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:15 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 401 Posts

I probably would consider wheel and tire on the next one if it included curbing with zero deductible.

If the paint is in good shape at least do the front clip and mirrors with clear bra material.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:25 AM
ajeffrey10
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
I probably would consider wheel and tire on the next one if it included curbing with zero deductible.

If the paint is in good shape at least do the front clip and mirrors with clear bra material.
I bought the wheel and tire insurance. Zero deductible. Probably too expensive, but I've already developed some curb rash.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:13 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ajeffrey10
I bought the wheel and tire insurance. Zero deductible. Probably too expensive, but I've already developed some curb rash.
Haha "developed". Like your car has a condition where it appeared without your help

Trending Topics

Old 02-13-2018, 11:14 AM
ajeffrey10
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Ha. Guilty as charged.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:39 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ajeffrey10
Ha. Guilty as charged.
Definitely not a good feeling when it happens...like stepping on your dog's tail haha
Old 02-13-2018, 11:53 AM
spiderv6
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Balderdash
what are folks thoughts on the wheel and tire warranty that Porsche is pitching when you buy a CPO car?

and also the Xpel bra....is that product worth the price for a DD car?

B
Both are good things to do based on your driving style. I didn't take the wheel insurance because I am extremely careful and happy to self-insure (I took it for my wife when she replaced her car recently and sure enough she has used it already....), so it all depends on whether you "need" it.

As for buying it from the dealer - that seems a bit pointless when all they do is represent someone else and take a healthy profit out of your pocket while doing so.

Same holds true for the Xpel cost, plus you really really want to be sure who is doing it for you. Doing that blind (i.e. letting the dealer choose who does it as cheaply as possible) is surely not a smart decision.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:11 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by spiderv6
Both are good things to do based on your driving style. I didn't take the wheel insurance because I am extremely careful and happy to self-insure (I took it for my wife when she replaced her car recently and sure enough she has used it already....), so it all depends on whether you "need" it.

As for buying it from the dealer - that seems a bit pointless when all they do is represent someone else and take a healthy profit out of your pocket while doing so.

Same holds true for the Xpel cost, plus you really really want to be sure who is doing it for you. Doing that blind (i.e. letting the dealer choose who does it as cheaply as possible) is surely not a smart decision.
A few months ago I was stuck in stop and go traffic on an interstate. It took about ten minutes to travel one mile. One driver got impatient and decided to use the shoulder to get by the backup. Unfortumately the shoulder was full of debris like nails, broken glass, etc. That guy would be a good candidate for wheel/tire insurance.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:31 AM
Balderdash
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. I passed on the dealers offers of the warranty and the Xpel. .I will explore a Suntek film from a local company when I get the car...and watch where I put my wheels....

B
Old 02-14-2018, 10:48 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Good thinking "B". I think having a local PPF installer is a great idea so you can easily go back there if needed. I know most good PPFs have a film warranty that is nationwide, but being able to resolve any workmanship issues locally is a great idea.

It's good to hear that you were successful in your search and have found a great car... but I'll leave it to you to describe your great find when you are ready. But do you have an ETA for when the car makes it into your hands? How's the anticipation?!
Old 02-14-2018, 11:46 AM
CanMikePlay
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple of info points .. Nick Murray talked about wheel and tire insurance in a recent video. Said he paid $2000 but others paid $1800. So there are some price points. On the wrap .. make sure you know what you are getting. There are 3 price/quality points. The cheapest is a pre-cut piece. Easy to install but you will see all of the edges. In the middle is a custom install. It takes an artist because he will be using a razor to get the film fitted around the edges. Lazy installers will cut against the paint. Bad news. The best (and what I would get) is where they remove the bumper. Way better.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:57 AM
CanMikePlay
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And while you have the bumper off .. get some Rennline grills installed.

Quick Reply: Dealer add ons for CPOd 911