Sponsored by:

Dealer add ons for CPOd 911

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 12:19 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Balderdash
Thanks for the info. I passed on the dealers offers of the warranty and the Xpel. .I will explore a Suntek film from a local company when I get the car...and watch where I put my wheels....

B
I would have passed on the add-ons - I prefer to self-insure against bad things happening. In three years plus, I had no bad tires, no punctures, and paid ~ $185 to fix one wheel that got nicked by a pothole (looked new afterwards - couldn't even find where the nick had been). I replaced rears at 13k miles on my own dime.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:34 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmesa
Haha "developed". Like your car has a condition where it appeared without your help
I'm married also...
Old 02-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Balderdash
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
Good thinking "B". I think having a local PPF installer is a great idea so you can easily go back there if needed. I know most good PPFs have a film warranty that is nationwide, but being able to resolve any workmanship issues locally is a great idea.

It's good to hear that you were successful in your search and have found a great car... but I'll leave it to you to describe your great find when you are ready. But do you have an ETA for when the car makes it into your hands? How's the anticipation?!
Thanks! Very excited. 2015 CPO C4S, in great condition. Well priced (for a dealer car), very well optioned, well cared-for. Not sure I needed the 4 as I live in central Arizona. But my goal was more to make sure I didn't too wildly overpay for my first Porsche. While I'm sure I could have done better with a private seller, this specimen was very fairly priced. And the CPO gives me peace of mind, also, since I'm new to the 911 platform. So the specs on the car were a bit less critical than it being not overpriced. Don't mind paying more for more, as long it's is actually more....

I flew out to the dealership Monday to confirm it was what I wanted, then back same day. Now waiting for it to be shipped to me. Arranging an enclosed transport (bonded, insured, etc) as much for my peace of mind.

First plan is to probably get this like new and near-perfect exterior protected with a clear bra, as I'll probably drive this 3-4 days/week as semi-DD. Found a place on the SunTek site, called Oz Braz in Gilbert AZ (suburb of Phx, near my office). Checking their rep now. Quite a few options here in Phoenix...

Looking forward to first DE day here in town....No plans to aggressively 'track' this car per se, but wanted to at least drive it a bit faster than I can on the regular roads....a few times...that's all...really, no...just once or twice......

B
Old 02-14-2018, 04:56 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I'm married also...
Lol. I call my wife out every new curb kiss I discover when cleaning her car, so she's started fessing up when it happens. "Hit another curb today"
Old 02-14-2018, 08:47 PM
Driven991
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Balderdash
what are folks thoughts on the wheel and tire warranty that Porsche is pitching when you buy a CPO car?

and also the Xpel bra....is that product worth the price for a DD car?

B
I bought the wheel tire warranty. If you drive on rough roads, it would be something to consider. Potholes are horrible this year in my area. Have I ever used mine in over 15000 miles...no. Would I buy it again...not sure. Nice part about it is that if you buy it and then sell your car you can get some money back.

My car is frequently driven and one of the main reasons I had Xpel installed. I had Xpel on my first 911 on bumper, hood, fenders, A pillars, front surface of rear quarters and front part of roofline. My current 911 is completely covered. It gives a carefree feeling when driving behind a large truck or lots of traffic on the interstate and sand is kicking up. You just don't have to worry about the paint surface. The key is a good installer.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:51 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Balderdash, since you said you were considering SunTek PPF, you might be interested in the post I just placed in another thread here (I don't want to double-post but want to make sure you see it):
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1049...l#post14802765
Old 02-15-2018, 01:13 AM
Balderdash
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. Yes I’m vacillating between the two but leaning to Suntek, installed by Oz Braz in Gilbert AZ.
have to figure out how much of the car I want done.....’’
B

Quick Reply: Dealer add ons for CPOd 911