Sponsored by:

Rear Diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 03:11 PM
AlbertC4S
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Diffuser

I have been thinking about paint matching the black OEM rear diffuser on a 2018 Targa GTS. Has anyone retrofitted this change? Does it need removal of the whole bumper in order to get the diffuser removed? Has anyone done the same with the side skirts? I do not think the side skirts require much to be removed. Obviously, the front spoiler lip I would leave in OEM black since it is prone to scratch. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:46 PM
OC 991
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AlbertC4S
I have been thinking about paint matching the black OEM rear diffuser on a 2018 Targa GTS. Has anyone retrofitted this change? Does it need removal of the whole bumper in order to get the diffuser removed? Has anyone done the same with the side skirts? I do not think the side skirts require much to be removed. Obviously, the front spoiler lip I would leave in OEM black since it is prone to scratch. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Yeah I can give you some feedback on this.
I did the side skirts, Sport PASM lip and the rear valance all in Basalt black.
Really finishes the car.
That said, I would highly advise to cover all the painted pieces in a clear bra film!

The rear valance is the most work as the whole bumper has to come of and the rivets have to be drilled out before the valance can be removed for paint.
Mind you, after a year or so you'll probably get bored with the VERY plain OEM "defuser".... so you may want to just buy a more 3D valance (like I just did) and save the cost and hassle of painting un/installing the OEM one as the after market ones just fit right overtop, no need for removal of the bumper.

Good luck!
Old 02-09-2018, 08:10 AM
MIAcarrera
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OC 991
Yeah I can give you some feedback on this.
I did the side skirts, Sport PASM lip and the rear valance all in Basalt black.
Really finishes the car.
That said, I would highly advise to cover all the painted pieces in a clear bra film!

The rear valance is the most work as the whole bumper has to come of and the rivets have to be drilled out before the valance can be removed for paint.
Mind you, after a year or so you'll probably get bored with the VERY plain OEM "defuser".... so you may want to just buy a more 3D valance (like I just did) and save the cost and hassle of painting un/installing the OEM one as the after market ones just fit right overtop, no need for removal of the bumper.

Good luck!
Which snap on 3D valence are you rrferring to? Sold on suncoast?
Old 02-09-2018, 10:44 PM
OC 991
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAcarrera

Which snap on 3D valence are you rrferring to? Sold on suncoast?
There a different types, not snap-on but they are installed over the bumper (without removing it).
There, Vorsteher, Techart etc..
I've got a GT3tek one, here's a link to the thread about it.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1042...installed.html

Quick Reply: Rear Diffuser