Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

Maybe you should reconsider retrofitting Carplay:

Old 02-03-2018, 07:35 PM
wizard263789
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Hi,

We've been testing this extensively for the last three months, it's a good system. Let me know what details you'd like or PM me. It was my video above

BTW,

1) Sirius XM should be fine the system can be fitted with stand-off studs so the original XM board can stay in place.
2) Don't follow the instructions above unless you want to break the PCM.... There is a much better way of opening and fitting the sub-board.
3) AndroidAuto version coming soon....

Thanks

[QUOTE=stealthpilot;14761393]I saw the attached product when googling online. However I can't find any reference to it in the US. I'm wondering whether anyone has tried it? I would love to add CarPlay to my 2014 Turbo S. It would certainly be cheaper than paying $40k more to upgrade to a 2017.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:31 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by wizard263789
Hi,

We've been testing this extensively for the last three months, it's a good system. Let me know what details you'd like or PM me. It was my video above

BTW,

1) Sirius XM should be fine the system can be fitted with stand-off studs so the original XM board can stay in place.
2) Don't follow the instructions above unless you want to break the PCM.... There is a much better way of opening and fitting the sub-board.

Thanks
Did you solve the issue of having to activate the module and switch the PCM to aux separately into a single action?

Also do you sell a kit which includes all the components as well as your improved instructions?

Last edited by stealthpilot; 02-03-2018 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:23 AM
wizard263789
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
Did you solve the issue of having to activate the module and switch the PCM to aux separately into a single action?

Also do you sell a kit which includes all the components as well as your improved instructions?
No the switch to Aux can't be achieved automatically unfortunately.

Yes everything required. If you want sight of the instructions just pop me a PM with your email and I'll happily send them through.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:35 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

No the switch to Aux can't be achieved automatically unfortunately.

Yes everything required. If you want sight of the instructions just pop me a PM with your email and I'll happily send them through.
where can the kit be ordered?
Old 02-04-2018, 05:05 AM
Mr. Big
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi,

BTW,

Will the Android Auto version be a firmware update or a whole new unit?
Old 02-04-2018, 05:22 AM
wizard263789
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive

where can the kit be ordered?
I don't think I can say explicitly otherwise I think I'll break the site advertising rules, which I obviously don't want to do.

If you message me I can provide more details of our testing, installations instructions and the good and bad of system etc.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:51 AM
wizard263789
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mr. Big
Will the Android Auto version be a firmware update or a whole new unit?
It's a firmware update. We have started our testing but it's early days, probably a couple of months before it's available.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:23 PM
Dbull65
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I am interested in this mod. I have talked to the company, and they do have special pricing for a group buy. Still on the fence of having to have my PCM opened up. But I would love to have Apple Car Play.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:24 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dbull65
I am interested in this mod. I have talked to the company, and they do have special pricing for a group buy. Still on the fence of having to have my PCM opened up. But I would love to have Apple Car Play.
I am interested too. Although wireless CarPlay would make it more compelling to me.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:28 PM
RYE
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

I am interested too. Although wireless CarPlay would make it more compelling to me.
+1
Old 02-05-2018, 03:12 AM
bob99
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This product looks fantastic! Love that it also supports the touch screen.

The wireless carplay option (along with an integrated qi charger in the center console) would be pretty slick.

To those who have already purchased / installed - is there a North American dealer, or did you order directly from Australia?
Old 02-05-2018, 01:55 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bob99
This product looks fantastic! Love that it also supports the touch screen.

The wireless carplay option (along with an integrated qi charger in the center console) would be pretty slick.

To those who have already purchased / installed - is there a North American dealer, or did you order directly from Australia?
Qi charger in center console is easy to do. All you need to do is buy a Qi charger - I would suggest the mophie wireless power station mini - and a short micro-usb cable and plug it into the armrest 12v port. I have a dash mounted magnetic QI charger to the left of the PCM which I prefer to the center console because it makes it easy to reach for the phone when needed.

BTW I am exploring the wireless CarPlay possibility with the vendor. It seems their priority right now is Android, but it may be possible for them to enable wireless CarPlay next with the same hardware. Will keep you updated on what they say.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

[QUOTE=wizard263789;14775364]Hi,

BTW,

Thanks

I saw the attached product when googling online. However I can't find any reference to it in the US. I'm wondering whether anyone has tried it? I would love to add CarPlay to my 2014 Turbo S. It would certainly be cheaper than paying $40k more to upgrade to a 2017.
Was clarification ever provided on the second point above? What's the RIGHT way??
Old 02-06-2018, 04:48 PM
wizard263789
Intermediate

Using the method above you'll likely break or have significant difficulty removing the PCM screen connectors and it will be next to impossible to re-connect them. It is much better to fully open the PCM first and then disconnect them internally. If you need more info just let me know.

[QUOTE=Dom991.1;14782129]
Hi,

BTW,

Thanks

Was clarification ever provided on the second point above? What's the RIGHT way??

Quick Reply: Has anyone done a CarPlay retrofit for 991.1