Which model year of Targa has Carplay? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991
Reload this Page >

Which model year of Targa has Carplay?

Notices
Sponsored by:

Which model year of Targa has Carplay?

Old 01-28-2018, 03:35 PM
morrisryanc
User

Default Which model year of Targa has Carplay?

Wondering if Rennlisters can shed some light here. Which model year of 911 Targa did Porsche start fitting Apple CarPlay to the PCM? Was it 2016? or is 2017 the first year?

I could have sworn I tested a MY2016 that had it, but that was a base Carrera. I'm specifically interested in the Targa 4S. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2018, 03:36 PM
Al.Fresco
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 01-28-2018, 03:41 PM
subshooter
Super User

And 2018.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:27 AM
danu
New User

Am interred in installing this in a 2015 Panamera with Burmiester system, any issues? also any installer in Houston Area? as would like to get it done by someone. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:00 PM
Joegolf
User

Default CarPlay up and running

A big shout out of thanks to Curtis at California Sound and Tint in Campbell, California (near San Jose). You the man Curtis!
He took perfect care of my Porsche Turbo S and understood that it needed protection from all those idiots with flying doors ready to create dents.
I had CarPlay, ALPriority 2/2 and an R3 mirror tap installed. Everything was professional and completed on time at a reasonable price. What more could one ask for.
The business is in a low overhead area but was well locked up and secure at night.
Curtis and company are truly the experts in California installing the NM Automotive CarPlay upgrade. They work closely with Nick to keep up with the latest info. I live a 3 hour drive away so California Sound arranged a discount with Entrrprise that saved me big bucks.
So if you have PCM 3.1 call Curtis to get a fantastic upgrade. I’m getting nothing for this recommendation, 😔. Here’s all the contact info. Tell him whomever you want recommended you since I get zip anyway.

California Car Sounds & Tint

60 E Sunnyoaks Ave, Ste 10

Campbell, California 95008

Phone: (408) 378-0409

Old 01-14-2019, 04:11 AM
koala
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wrong thread, sorry. Delete .

Last edited by koala; 01-14-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which model year of Targa has Carplay?

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: