Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Options that you were disappointed/satisfied with?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 12:20 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,166 Likes on 565 Posts

I have been disappointed with the rattles. They come and go but when present, they drive me nuts.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:25 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Pleased with: AWD, Lane Change Assist, Rear Axle Steering, Front Axle Lift, heated MF wheel, Sport Chrono. Haven't had a chance to put the cab top down, but I really, really liked it on my C4S.

Not really displeased with anything, but PSE hasn't really done much for me. Turning on fart mode seems kind of pretentious because the car doesn't have to make those noises. It feels like cruising at 5K RPM instead of downshifting, just to make noise.

I'm not really sure how you can be underwhelmed by LCA unless you've got some unrealistic expectations as to what it's supposed to do for you. It's not a substitute for mirrors or headchecks. It's convenient to know that's someone's approaching before you do either of those, since the left-hand light is always in your field of vision, and the right-hand light is visible when you do a mirror check but before you do a headcheck. It's also one more warning in case you do miss someone even with the mirrors and headcheck. Like the time I pulled out of street parking, didn't see anyone coming, and then someone unexpectedly passed me just before I was going to pull into traffic.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:40 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

I am disappointed that I had to spend $6500 on aftermarket wheels to fix a design issue with Porsche’s standard GTS wheel when PCCB’s are specced (too little clearance). I do however love the PCCB’s in both performance and looks now that the interference problem has been corrected by the new wheels. I’d probably order them again and just budget Forgeline wheels as part of the deal.

I like the option of deviated stitching I specced and spent $$ to get, but what they charge to change a bobbin of thread is utterly ridiculous.

The configurator was very misleading about headlight trim. I thought I’d get headlights trimmed in black but the car has silver trim on the headlights

No protection for the 2 heat exchangers inside the front bumper. Many, including me, have installed aftermarket screens for protection. Should have been standard

Despite those annoyances, I absolutely love the car.

On the positive side, I don’t know where to begin. But the color, Carmine Red, carbon interior trim including illuminated door sills, RAS, MT, glass sunroof, and the black trim of the GTS. And in spite of the well discussed option and hassle of center lock wheels, I absolutely love the look and would order them again in a heartbeat.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:09 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,550 Likes on 1,012 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I'm satisfied with all of my options but I did a lot of research up front including driving cars ....
This -^

The only thing I would do differently is not spec a premium package so as to avoid the electrochromatic rear view mirror.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:30 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Ventilated seats dont work very well. Bose system, is kind of weak, but it is better than base radio.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:41 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I’d have skipped the PDK and the defective plastic door panels.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:01 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
I'm not really sure how you can be underwhelmed by LCA unless you've got some unrealistic expectations as to what it's supposed to do for you. It's not a substitute for mirrors or headchecks.
Reason #1: You can’t adjust the sensitivity of the system, only the brightness of the visual indicator.

Reason #2: No feedback through the wheel.

Reason #3: If you do drift out of your lane into another vehicle, the car will not steer back into your lane.

None of these are unrealistic expectations, in fact these features are all available in other LDW/LKA systems, from Hyundai to Mercedes. Not to quibble about it because I am a proponent of mirrors and head checks, these systems are in fact replacements for mirrors and head checks. We’re in the early days of autonomous driving capabilities (Audi already offers a LiDAR-enabled Level 3 capability). Porsche CEO Blume just this week laid out the triad of cars strategy and acknowledged that even in environments where driving experience comes first, there are times when you just want the car to take over.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:01 PM
Gee Fotops
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Custom Color - Lava Orange....Exceeded Expectations
Sport Mirrors....Satisfied
Burmester sound...satisfied, but not the price
Duck tail spoiler.....satisfied
Sport exhaust ....satisfied
Leather on back of 18 way sport seats.....satisfied

Unsatisfied item...smokers package. Can't store anything other than change in there and I don't like change rattle.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:06 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,179 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Gee Fotops
Custom Color - Lava Orange....Exceeded Expectations
Sport Mirrors....Satisfied
Burmester sound...satisfied, but not the price
Duck tail spoiler.....satisfied
Sport exhaust ....satisfied
Leather on back of 18 way sport seats.....satisfied

Unsatisfied item...smokers package. Can't store anything other than change in there and I don't like change rattle.

Pics, please!
Old 01-27-2018, 02:16 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Nits...
1. Wind noise and buffeting when windows down. Fixed with Foilers from AWE. Easily fixed with mold change at Porsche!
2. Burmester quality underwhelming for price.
3. Burbles with PSE, can’t I have the sound without those silly pops?
4. Rear camera low resolution, my 2014 BMW is HD.
5. RS Spyder wheels are a bitch to clean.
Love...
1. Performance on the track! Even without RAS, SPASM, and PDCC.
2. My interior, puts a smile on my face when I open the door.
3. MT, can’t live without.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:19 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 818 Likes on 408 Posts

I bought mine CPO'ed w/2700 miles on the clock.

I'm 100% satisfied with the price plus the CPO warranty piece of mind.

100% Satisfied with: AWD, PDCC, SPASM, PSE, my dealer and the Rennlist support group.

Not so much with: Pebble Gray portion of the interior ... especially the perforated seats (I'm a fan of black interiors), Voice control sucks, Bluetooth module sucks.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:18 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Old 01-27-2018, 03:28 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I’ve got the optional power folding mirrors. They’re fine, but they are not really necessary and I prefer the look of the Sport Design mirrors. That’s an option that I’d skip next time.
What is the difference? Can you please help clarify which are the power folding mirrors and which are the Sport Design ones?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:54 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by jnolan

Reason #1: You can’t adjust the sensitivity of the system, only the brightness of the visual indicator.

Reason #2: No feedback through the wheel.

Reason #3: If you do drift out of your lane into another vehicle, the car will not steer back into your lane.

None of these are unrealistic expectations, in fact these features are all available in other LDW/LKA systems, from Hyundai to Mercedes. Not to quibble about it because I am a proponent of mirrors and head checks, these systems are in fact replacements for mirrors and head checks. We’re in the early days of autonomous driving capabilities (Audi already offers a LiDAR-enabled Level 3 capability). Porsche CEO Blume just this week laid out the triad of cars strategy and acknowledged that even in environments where driving experience comes first, there are times when you just want the car to take over.
The features you described are not offered on the 911. The 911's LCA is only a visual indicator triggered by presence of a nearby object; it doesn't track the lanes on the road like the LDW/LKA systems you mentioned. Other Porsche models have these features exactly as you describe. My Macan has LDW (but not LKA) and I've driven the Panamera with LKA that provides the lane departure correction and steering feedback. I'm not sure why Porsche left these off the options list for 911's since it seems like a missed opportunity to further boost MSRP.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:57 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,179 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
What is the difference? Can you please help clarify which are the power folding mirrors and which are the Sport Design ones?

Thanks in advance.

See these pics. SportDesign are the sleeker looking mirrors, but can't be power folding.

Quick Reply: Options that you were disappointed/satisfied with?